Car & Bike Punto Vs. I20 .. PLZ HELP...

Sylar

Disciple
I want to Buy a car in 5 to 7 Days .. Budget is 5.1..

PLZ tell in Detail which one Shud i Go For .. and In this Budget , Both Petrol Versions r the only ones in the List....

Thank You...

Both car have around 1 month wait period, unless the color of your choice is ready available with the Dealer. In a budget of 5.1L you would get i20 Era or Punto Active. As the car which you would be getting is the base model the features would be more or less same. Though I would prefer i20 over Punto because of ASS and Front power window afaik Punto Active does not have power window in base model.

Also if you can increase your budget to 5.6L you can get i20 Magna which has better features for example Glove compartment cooling (you can keep a 500ml water bottle or a Beer/Coke can :p), Telescopic and Tilt Steering (Punto only has Tilt) rest all is same. Also i20 feels much better to drive unless you are going for the Punto 90BHP which would be around 7.2L.

Roxtin said:
Both car have around 1 month wait period, unless the color of your choice is ready available with the Dealer. In a budget of 5.1L you would get i20 Era or Punto Active.

No I m Gettin Magna in 5.1, and Punto 1.2 Emotion basic Colour.. BOTH PETROL

U r mistaken With the Prices i think..

bt Anyway.. Thanks .. if it Is anything else u would like to add on the above , then PLZ do .. :)

The OTR Price for i20 Magna is 5.5L here in Delhi/NCR, may be it's cheaper in Punjab or you are quoting the Ex showroom price. Ex Showroom price for i20 here is ~5L.

SoulFire said:
have you considered the Volkswagen Polo, a far better car which could be sought :)
I went to the Showroom.. I did nt Like it much , one cause the Interiors R Booring....

second it is a bit low on the roof... so Ruled out dat option...

You will need to go to TBHP and do some research... There is not much more to add as there are already many threads on TE about the same thing.

hey i drove bth cars and tell u frankly even both engine are same specs 1.2l ; Punto feels much more underpowered than i20

Build quality - Punto

Interior- i20 anytime

Fuel efficiency- i20

Engine Power & response- i20

Space- i20

A.S.S- Hyundai

Ride quality- Punto

Looks- Depends ( My personal choice i20)

VFM- Not both of the cars they are premium cars if u need VFM go for maruti

Resale Value - 60:40 Hyundai : Fiat

The i20 is more feature packed whereas the Punto excels in the driving department. Like almost all Hyundai cars,the i20 too suffers from dead steering response(Which feels vague) and a sad suspension setup from handling point of view.I thought they would have improved it but unfortunately they havent.
As for the Punto, since it is essentially an european car, it has a better suspension setup and the steering feels connected to something which is confidence inspiring.Let's face it, the Punto will eat the i20 for breakfast when it comes to handling.
Overall Hyundai has better ASS backup compared to Fiat so in the end, I would say go for the i20 for features and peace of mind in terms of ASS but if you are an enthusiast driver, you will be a bit disappointed with the handling of the car.
Choice is yours in the end!

The Punto looks awesome but does not have the punch. The suspension of Punto is rock solid and the car feels smooth on bumpy indian roads. The firing of the FIRE engine sounds uber kewl when you revv it high ;)

Having said above I would recommend that you also TD - Ritz, Swift and the Fabia :)

Did you test drive the Figo? IMO, you can get the petrol Figo Titanium in that budget. The Figo has decent rear legroom and to me, seemed like a better car than the i20. I test drove both recently.

I found the i20's rear legroom and front visibility poor. Of course, the gizmos are many in the i20 but you may only get a basic i20 in 5.1L.

From a driver's perspective, I felt that the motor assisted power steering(MAPS) was too weighted(heavy) and the gear shift too hard. But maybe it was just the test drive car. Personallly, it just felt phat from the inside.

On a separate note, I test drove and found the i10 with kappa2 better than the original kappa. The steering sensitivity was more controlled and the suspension was less bouncy. The sales rep. told me that they haven't tweaked the steering or suspension but I felt differently.

Back