Purchase Query About Indiaplaza

amitmk

Adept
Has anyone purchased from there??

I think it is a useless site in its current avatar. I wanted to buy the w810i but just called them to ensure wether they provide the headphones and external speakers too (it wasn't mentioned on the site). No one knew what they were selling. Hence I decided against buying from there. For all you know The CD/manual/usb cord would have also not been provided.

Also, they've hiked prices of all phones by 7-10% sometime in the last week. Crap !!

Indiaplaza is one of the more reputed stores around...I dont have any personal experience however I say its reputed because if you goto tatasky.com and choose the online buy option, you are asked to order online form indiaplaza.

Now I wouldn't trust indiaplaza... but I do trust TataSky, and Tatasky wouldn't have put indiaplaza's URL on their site if they were a bunch of crooks.

^^All said n done i think that online shopping is still in its infancy in india..especially when it is an expensive purchase..ppl are always skeptical about the product delivered to them because they dont get to check it before purchasing..so there is always an element of doubt.. the shop cud be a reputed one but there is no remedy for the one thing tht ppl harbor in their minds..suspicion!!

Plus all tht bargain n discount talk is crap as they inflate the original selling price and show their own price as a big discount..when actually its still 5-10% higher than the local market price....n the worst part is tht ppl fall for it.. a little survey at a local dealer will prove what i'm saying.. also check the "actual price" quoted on these online shops like indiaplaza and univercell..they are prices from a year back..and they fool the ppl to believe that they are giving gr8 discounts on the actual price..;)

Anish said:
Stick to rediff or indiatimes..

Though frankly, I wouldn't buy a cellphone online ;)
don't buy with rediff, I got bad experience with them.
Don't buy from a site, which is selling through a third party seller, unless the third party seller is a reputed one. These sites never take any responsibility for the third party seller's sales through the site. But legally its not correct. Government should frame rules for these kind of online trading, its long pending.

I had ordered couple of books from indiaplaza. I found it pretty ok. I mean the logistics part is managed, but the site looks crappy and keep giving me errors sometime.

I bought the books on Monday.

Back