Monitors Purchased New monitor : seeking is there a defect with the display

cri_sss

Disciple
I purchased and received new monitor MSI Optix G241 couple of days back from amazon.

I did basic tests like no dead pixel and also back light bleed test (black screen). I felt there is an issue but being novice i like to seek the suggestion is this normal behavior or an defect.. I bought from amazon so i assume if it is an issue i will covered for refund i guess.

Anybody advice on dealing with amazon regarding this. If there is no problem with monitor then alright.

Attachments

• MSI-G24-1.jpg
    MSI-G24-1.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 266
  • MSI-G24-2.jpg
    MSI-G24-2.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 307
seems like ips glow. do you see the same glow on other colours like blue.
does it bother you during any usage ?

Amazon has a window for return so if you decide to return, do it fast

I purchased and received new monitor MSI Optix G241 couple of days back from amazon.

I did basic tests like no dead pixel and also back light bleed test (black screen). I felt there is an issue but being novice i like to seek the suggestion is this normal behavior or an defect.. I bought from amazon so i assume if it is an issue i will covered for refund i guess.

Anybody advice on dealing with amazon regarding this. If there is no problem with monitor then alright.
just use some single color to check for dead pixels. this is normal with ips panel.

Seems you got a faulty piece....always check seller before buying on Amazon or flipkart....return it and get a refund if you can.... Prefer seller Appario on amazon

seems like ips glow. do you see the same glow on other colours like blue.
does it bother you during any usage ?

Amazon has a window for return so if you decide to return, do it fast
During day time its okay but in night (dark) i find it annoying. Generally i don't use in dark as i switch on light all the time while using monitor.

Is testing blue similar to black screen? How to test to confirm..

amazon seller is Appario. so ten days replacement or refund policy is there.. peace of mind.

yes test same way. I think its IPS glow which is normal.
you can always return and see if its there on new monitor. if same, just keep same monitor or if still not satisfied, maybe you can return and get a refund and get a different brand's monitor

Use screen test tool which will show basic colors RGB + B/W to rule out any dead pixel.
What appears is normal to me at least.

If i remember right, if it is only IPS bleed, if you move back or away from the corners or something, the grey areas should disappear a bit. If it isn't, then it most likely might be backlight bleed.

Back