Push Notifications not working on Firefox Android

MadAxe

Adept
I'm on the latest version of Firefox Android (93.2.0) and have the following addons:
  1. uBlock Origin
  2. HTTPS Everywhere
  3. Decentraleyes
  4. Privacy Badger
I don't get push notifications on any site even after enabling it multiple times. On sites that I visit frequently I'm prompted to enable push notifications after every few days but still don't get the notifications.

I used to face no such issue on Google Chrome Android and was never prompted again and again to enable push notifications.
I've tried disabling addons individually to check which addon is blocking the notifications but still haven't been able to resolve this issue.
Need your suggestions guys.

Last edited:
In settings, check what it says under
  1. Privacy & security > Site permissions > Notifications
  2. Privacy & security > Notifications (this will take you to android app settings)
If it's disabled in any of those places, enable it.

I have the same addons installed and I do get notifications from Flipkart. They don't work though, clicking on the notification doesn't open the site, just opens Firefox on the new tab page.

In settings, check what it says under
  1. Privacy & security > Site permissions > Notifications
  2. Privacy & security > Notifications (this will take you to android app settings)
If it's disabled in any of those places, enable it.
Both already enabled.
I have the same addons installed and I do get notifications from Flipkart. They don't work though, clicking on the notification doesn't open the site, just opens Firefox on the new tab page.
After the latest update of FF, I've started receiving push notifications but on clicking the notifications it doesn't redirect to the site. Doesn't even open a new tab for me.
That isn't how push notifications work.
What is the point of push notifications as these?

After the latest update of FF, I've started receiving push notifications but on clicking the notifications it doesn't redirect to the site. Doesn't even open a new tab.
Anyone found a solution or a workaround?

Back