python executables?

ralbhat

Disciple
Hey,
I made an application using python, and now I want to make it portable (so I can share it and pass it on to others). I need to convert it into a standalone executable, but somehow I'm completely unable to do it.
I tried py2exe, but when I run it on my friend's pc, it couldn't find python. I copied the python.dll into the same folder, and the next error that came up is "no module called Tkinter".
I've used Tkinter and xlrd apart from the basic basic python 2.6 libraries, and I don't know how to work around this problem but I really need that program portable within (hopefully!) a week.
If anyone else has worked with python and can help me, PLEASE!
I have to (apparently) work around this by creating an installer, which means I would have to learn Pascal.. And I'm really upto my head in water already so :hap5:....
Help?

Hmmm
Those are basically ways in which I can use a USB instead of installing Python on the target machine. My need is such that once I hand over my program to someone, I shouldn't need to talk to him and he should just have to give a single file to another person who can further use it.
Note : if anyone wants the code of my file, I can supply that, but as a PM. I basically need some form of executable file that can do what my code is doing, without any presence of python anywhere except maybe in my file.

I've not used this but you might give it a try
cx_Freeze

Now the installer idea (secondary).. instead of installer, you could just try to package all standalone files and make them into a self extractable EXE. That way the self ext file is a portable file.. and the files that extract from it won't have any further dependencies.. (this could work in the worst case scenario) :p

Also if you want to script around further but want windows native EXE portability you could try doing things in AutoIT (AutoIt Script Home Page) .. in this you can compile (not really true compilation but a bundle of the engine and your script) into a standalone EXE ..

Back