Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
would you prefer Xeon X3220 (2.4GHz, Quad Core), its more powerful server version of Q6600 which consumes about 85W of power and Xeon take 105W, Q6600 can handle heat uptil 85° whereas Xeon can go upto handling a heat of 95° celcius.

yours_majesty said:
would you prefer Xeon X3220 (2.4GHz, Quad Core), its more powerful server version of Q6600 which consumes about 85W of power and Xeon take 105W, Q6600 can handle heat uptil 85° whereas Xeon can go upto handling a heat of 95° celcius.
There is a problem though. I have a desktop motherboard and Ram. I will have to change all of that if i go for this procy. what do u suggest in that case?

My motherboard is a Asus P5b-vm
Ram - Kingston 2 gb

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys i can also go for a Q6700/ E6600/E6700

These are all compatable with my mother board.

rob2651983 said:
There is a problem though. I have a desktop motherboard and Ram. I will have to change all of that if i go for this procy. what do u suggest in that case?

My motherboard is a Asus P5b-vm
Ram - Kingston 2 gb

Guys i can also go for a Q6700/ E6600/E6700

These are all compatable with my mother board.

You dont need a server board to take advantage of this proccessor, THIS WILL WORK WITH ALL MOTHERBOARDS WHICH CAN RUN LGA775 PROCCY WITH 1066MHz FSB.

yours_majesty said:
You dont need a server board to take advantage of this proccessor, THIS WILL WORK WITH ALL MOTHERBOARDS WHICH CAN RUN LGA775 PROCCY WITH 1066MHz FSB.
thats good news then. but the cpu is not mentioned in my current list of supported cpus on asus website. what if it does not work?

Still looking for the CPU. Any one planning on upgrading to i7......now is the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back