Q9400 or AMD based system

intelcore2

Disciple
I am really confused as to what to opt for a Q9400 or AMD based system as i have a budget of 10k.i need a quad procy and mobo in case of amd . pls help :huh:

1. Q: What is your budget?

1. 10k

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

1. CPU - Intel E6300

2. Motherboard - Asus p5qpl-am

3. GPU - ATI 4670

4. RAM - Transcend 2X1GB PC6400

5. Monitor -Samsung 16" inch model 633 nw

6. SMPS - Corsair VX450

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

1. Monitor - Samsung 16" inch model 633 nw

2. SMPS - Corsair VX450

3.graphics card - ati 4670

4.ram

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

1. CPU - Intel Q9400 or amd phenom (quad)

2. Motherboard - any compatible motherboard (ddr2)

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

1. no

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

1. Mumbai

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

1.no

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

1. Gaming

2. Browsing

3. Desktop Processing

5. Download rig, 24x7 operation

6. Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

1. Do not want to buy Asus product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?

1. Yes

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

1. Windows 7 64 bit

2. xp

Why do want to upgrade the processor now if its a gaming system? Its not gonna make much of a difference and with the 16" monitor the GPU u have(HD4670) should suffice.
IMHO there is no need to upgrade your processor now.

but still can u direct me as to what to choose the q9400 or the amd based (quad system). if u can post some amd (quad core)combos for 10k that would be great

DarkAngel said:
Why do want to upgrade the processor now if its a gaming system? Its not gonna make much of a difference and with the 16" monitor the GPU u have(HD4670) should suffice.
IMHO there is no need to upgrade your processor now.
+1
intelcore2 said:
but still can u direct me as to what to choose the q9400 or the amd based (quad system). if u can post some amd (quad core)combos for 10k that would be great
If you must upgrade to a quad core:-
Athlon II X4 6xx ~5k
Biostar A785GE ~3.5k

I dont feel you should upgrade only your proc now, either upgrade all CPU, Mobo and GPU,...or wait it out till more games show up, if it is primarily for gaming...

Back