CPU/Mobo Quad Core

neoindian

Disciple
Core 2 Extreme QX6700 (Kentsfield) [Quad Core]

Platform: LGA 775
Manufacturing process: 65 nm
FSB: 1066 MHz effective (266 MHz Quad-Pumped)
Cache: 16µops L1 instruction cache x 4, 16k L1 data cache x 4, 4 MB L2 cache (shared between 2 cores) x 2
CPU Extensions: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3
64 bit: Yes
Virtualization Support: Yes

Is this available in Indian market and particularly Bangalore. And is it worth going for quadcore right now intead of Core 2 Duo

Not available yet and it's usefulness completely depends on applications you use. If you're not doing 3D and you're not an overclocking junkie, you probably don't need it now :)

If its not available then its out of the equation.But i can get it from US. Is it available there. And if i am gng to go for Quad then i am going to definitely game like mad man.

And hey thanks man for providing answers to my queries. May be you can be my master and u mine disciple....

Bleh, I'm no master of computers... I'm in it for the fun, but I'm glad to help where I can.

QX6700 is available in the US if you're interested, but bear in mind that no games are optimized for quad yet... like I said, buy it if you have the dough and if you don't plan on upgrading for another 3 years. As well, AMD's quad variant (K8L) will release mid-2007 which will help stabilize prices a bit. Paying $1.4k for quad today is silly :)

Ok. And if i am opting out of Quad as of now. But in the Duo line up which is better the E6300/E6400. considering the price/perfromance/overclocking potential..

If you're on a budget, get the E6300 - if you can spend a bit more for solid performance/overclocking potential, get the E6600 (3 to 4 of them on sale in the market :D).

thats would be utterly useless now .. wait for the true quads to appear .

Also , conroe's oc like insane with proper hardware .. E6400 dude .. get one ..

Any idea death virus when quads will appear in India. And i think only Valve is optimising(making multithreaded) its games line up. So anyhow we wont see much improvement in other games by using Quad or Duo i think....

E6300 is 9k, E6400 is 12.4k, E6600 in TE market is 13.7 - 14k and beats an E6400 hands down. Based on your budget, take your pick :)

U will. Otherwise pm Easy.

And save ur money dude. Quad aint worth if u just want a gaming rig. Get a 6400, some fast RAM and top of the line Graphics Card and a 20in Wide screen Display.

Now Game... ;)

agreed if u r on very tight budget e6300...ifcan go for e6400..than its worth getting e6600 frm market section..its not like they are 2nd hand..but here \users r freakfor oc. they get stuff and sell it in 2-3 months...becoz they want to xplore the limit of new stuffs ard..lol

yeah man get a E6400 with get ram modules and cooling from abroad... and if possible get a 8800GTS and a 19" widescreen and then.....

what...

game on

RiO said:
Bleh, I'm no master of computers... I'm in it for the fun, but I'm glad to help where I can.

QX6700 is available in the US if you're interested, but bear in mind that no games are optimized for quad yet... like I said, buy it if you have the dough and if you don't plan on upgrading for another 3 years. As well, AMD's quad variant (K8L) will release mid-2007 which will help stabilize prices a bit. Paying $1.4k for quad today is silly :)

That would be me I guess... :)

Nice to see you here Nishant :p You will soon progress to geekdom :) Btw guys, this guy is also coming to our meet. That would make the number of my friends coming there to 5-6 lol :p

Neways, my take on the whole Quad funda:

This aint the time to get quad core. Its more hype than function. If you dont want to doing extensive encoding, then dont think abt the current line of quads. And @ $1.4k, it is insane.

Wait for K8L 65nm madness... Atleast thats what I am doing. Chilling and enjoying my rig.

Get a top of the line gfx card, the difference you will see (provided that you have a decent LCD to begin with) will be worth dying for.

You saw the quality of games on my rig that day na? Thats the X1900XT + VX2025WM doing the job right. The CPU will only ensure that enough frames get pushed out. It wont help you a bit in increasing picture quality.

Get a E6600/E6400. Save the extra bit on RAM and MOBO by purchasing a higher multiplier (which wont demand you to clock your RAM/FSB sky high to reach decent CPU speed.)

Invest handsomely in GFX/Monitor. 2GB of local 667 transcends will suffice also.

:p

Hope you liked the post.

Regards,
K

Cool its quite an exhaustive post my friend. I am trying to learn the tricks of the trade. But hey u knw i wl learn faster.

Yeah ur system rocked that day, and i loved watching Silent Hill on it. Kudos...

Keep posting

Back