Quake 4 Review!!!

They tried to put in too much of DOOM into Quake.

What in this world ID was thinking about putting the puzzles and locks in quake. Its quake for god's sake. We shoot whatever moves. Thats what Quake is all about.

Thats what screwed it a bit. Storyline for Quake is a big joke.

^^ as far as im concerned, all the fps dont have a story line. and i doubt if we will ever get back the old quake and quake2 style gameplay

I hope Q4 will not be a dissapointment like Doom3 (demo) or Age of Empires3 (demo) were for me. Both these games have beautiful graphics but bad gameplay. For me that ruins the fun of playing to a great extent.

Well it looks toooo D3 like.

Infact it almost looks like D3 with a mod and multiplayer enabled.

Thankfully its a bit brighter though ;)

I don't understand what the connection between Lost Coast and Q4 is buddy.

LC is an expansion, Q4 is a all new game altogether, its only based on the D3 engine ;)

Lost coast is a level... Q4 is a game... Valve is cheap... they gave away DOD: S with Silver accounts($50) for free but they didnt give it to the retail buyers who bought the damm thing for 2000 bucks... So dont even dare to compare...

Lost Coast is just one map, not even a mini-expansion and still it's taking them 6+ months to release.
The least they could do to justify all the waiting is update the entire singleplayer campaign to use hdr.

Same with dod:s, people who actually paid for it almost an year back didn't get it until just a week back.

As for quake 4, it won't be liked by people who don't like pure classic deathmatching and are used to the likes of ut2004 + mods, bf1942, etc.
The oldschoolers who didn't give a second thought to why painkiller mp felt so 'stripped down' will love it.

Alias said:
Hmm, multiplayer takes a seat back here??
Maybe they may release a multiplayer expansion pack later!! ;)

wolff said:
Yeah... and make more money off the expansion pack. Makes sense

sandy said:
valve is giving away hl2 lost coast for free hehe others should learn from them

Anish said:
I don't understand what the connection between Lost Coast and Q4 is buddy.
LC is an expansion, Q4 is a all new game altogether, its only based on the D3 engine

How difficult was that.

Back