Qualcomm HP UN2420 EVDO/HSDPA Mobile Broadband Module (3G Modem Mini PCI 4 Laptop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hA1d3R

Adept
  • Product Name, Manufacturers code & URL: Qualcomm Gobi200 - HP UN2420 EV-DO/HSDPA Mobile Broadband Module (3G Modem mini PCI 4 laptop)

To know more about the product visit :

http://www.qualcomm.com/common/documents/analyst/Gobi_2000_ProductSheet.pdf

This has an IMEI+MEID, its a 7.2mbps modem

Benefits

-Integrated Qualcomm Gobi technology enables high-speed Internet access with a single wireless solution. Gobi technology

allows you to connect in more places* at Broadband speeds with no need to find a WiFi hotspot and provides access to both

CDMA2000® EV-DO and UMTS/HSPA wireless networks.

-Allows international roaming in many countries through support for multiple UMTS/HSDPA frequency bands and four

GPRS/EDGE bands commonly used worldwide

-Integrated GPS can help you accurately identify your location around the world and permit personal navigation to guide

where you need to go. ( useful for tracking ur laptop)

• Expected Price: Rs 2200 + shipping

• Time of Purchase: 8 months back .

• Indian warranty valid/Remaining Warranty period: No . Pulled from an HP Envy14 US laptop

• Reason for Sale: Not using it .

• Purchase Invoice Available: No

• Product Condition: Used

• Accessories Included: None

• Product Location: Lucknow

• Preferred Courier: Buyers [attachment=10138:16976.attach][attachment=10138:16976.attach][attachment=10138:16976.attach]choice , except indian post

• Shipping Charges: At actuals

• Payment Options: NEFT,Cash

Attachments

• P1020442.JPG
    P1020442.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 233
  • P1020443.JPG
    P1020443.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Gobi.jpg
    Gobi.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 189
Re: Qualcomm HP UN2420 EVDO/HSDPA Mobile Broadband Module (3G Modem Mini PCI 4 Laptop

Just curious, about how does it actually work?

Re: Qualcomm HP UN2420 EVDO/HSDPA Mobile Broadband Module (3G Modem Mini PCI 4 Laptop

laptop needs to have a :

1-vacant pcie slot

2-sim reader

3-antenna in lid

i have seen all three of them available on some laptops like Dell XPS 16 .

Are you sure its not locked to AT&T?

AT&T is a GSM operator , i have used GSM with this modem .

bump..............

bump.......

bump.........

i might take this,but what about the antenna???

Where should i get it from??

pratikb said:
Hey,

I would purchase this but I don't have sim reader.

Can we use it as evdo device?

it should work but i am not very sure about CDMA

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

chaitu.genius said:
i might take this,but what about the antenna???

Where should i get it from??

you can find listings on ebay.com

yeah..only hp and lenovo lock their BIOS for specific cards . Which XPS do you have ? I am aware of the cheaper prices by the Honk Kong seller . An original one costs $60+ (more than $100 in parts store), mine was pulled from an HP notebook. Search notebookforum threads and you will find that there are duplicates!! also by China Sellers (like in case of Intel Wi-Fi 6300) ...i dont really know if the one they are selling is original or fake one.

I have Dell XPS L501x. I searched in Dell official Comminity & NBR forums, no one is using it with Dell XPS.

And also since u do not have service manual, any idea how to do the wiring and other connections ? and also which antennae I have to buy for it ?

nothing is needed if have the sim slot ,antenna,mini pcie . If you dont have an antenna then you need to install one or try buying it from official parts store . Dell xps 16 comes with all three, dont know aboout the lastest one .

BSNL 3G sim in Dell XPS laoptop w/ internal mini pci card- No USB dongle and no wires

Search ebay.com for xps compatible antenna ..there must be some one who did it on NBR

NBR they suggest to go for official one, Dell 5540.

I don't know about antennae, I have posted pics here : Dell Studio Sim Slot?

As u can see I have slot for WWAN. And have slim slot below the battery. But no idea about antennae.

I will find in eBay for compatible antennae

Dell ,HP,etc do not make any cards they only rebrand it . Qualcomm Gobi card are known to be the best and are provided by HP and lenovo .

Regarding antenna, you can simply take one out of three wifi antenna and use it for data card purposes.

If you dont have much use of wifi, then one more antenna to datacard.I agree with this argument of wwan card better than USB dongle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back