Quantum of Solace Using Call of Duty 4 Engine

ajex

Adept
quantumofsolace.jpg

Thank the gods, a developer that is smart enough to reuse an existing engine and add enhancements to it instead of re-writing their own in a 2-year dev cycle and having the game suffer all sorts of hickups because of it.

Treyarch, the badasses behind Call of Duty 5, are working together with Activision and bringing the movie tie-in Quantum of Solace to gamers of the work this November. Normally a movie tie-in game means some sort of bullshit attempt at a jump/run-n-gun game, fortunately it looks like Treyarch re-used the Call of Duty 4 engine (The one they were already enhancing for Call of Duty 5) to do the new Bond game, getting them off the ground almost immediately with the title and explains why the screenshots we’ve seen for the game so far look abnormally good given it’s a movie tie-in game, which normally looks like garbage.

I’d suggest giving the dev diary video a quick peak, there is a lot of gameplay in there showing off some high fidelity work by both Treyarch and Activision as well as some new tweaks to the Call of Duty 4 engine like better AI and a cover system (I also noticed some kick ass water effects in there to towards the end):

source : here

In-game dev diary
Gametrailers.com - Quantum of Solace - Exclusive Developer Diary: Technology

all other videos from this game
:
Gametrailers.com - Quantum of Solace: The Video Game: Reviews, Trailers, and Interviews

Yes sire.That's what I always wanted.A good looking Bond game.I had seen some videos of it's gameplay & look quite decent.After playing just a mere session of From Russia With Love for the PS2 (DVD issues :mad:), I just hope this gives a good feel of the movie.:)

Back