Audio [Queries] Z-5500 5.1 speaker system

I got these speakers and i have a few queries waiting to be answered :

1) At what volume are you guys using this system ( express in no. of bars on the pod ) . because i hear these speakers are supposed to be extremely loud , despite of that i'm playing it at half the volume while sitting 4 feet away from them rear and front.

2) Sometimes my settings just reset and i have to set thm back again , any possible workaround ?

3) Is there a way to turn off the backlight on the control pod ? before it fails as it normally does.

4) what difference does completion of the burn in period bring ?

whenever gaming i used to keep at 4-5 bars.. while watching HDmovies i usually have it almost at 3/4th ..

even ive faced these reset issues.. usually occurs when theres abrupt power failure or a loose connection...

i dont believe theres a way to turn off the backlight.. mines still working.. so donno how long it takes for it to go kaput..

as for the 4th question.. i guess the sound quality becomes a lil more crisp.. its rather boomy for movies..

For me 4 bars while gaming 4-6 bars on movies depending on audio quality but need to increase it to 6-8 for headphones sometimes.
using X-fi titanium sound card & sometimes the setting got reset but haven't observed the reason behind it.
I don't think the backlight can be switched off , mine sometimes flicker but still working.
have observed that keenly but sound becomes better after some time :)

thanks for the input guys , ok so here's my case i play it on a xbox 360 and have my volume set to a minimum of 9-10 bars , is there some specific setting you guys made ?

or because you guys play on it on a PC and having a sound card takes care of the initial boost in db levels ?

@redscorpian : dude even i noticed that the reset happens subsequently to the improper shutdowns , so it's confirmed now .

hmm..well theres one more thing.. its obvious of course.. but sound quality improves greatly (talkin about loudness as well as the crispness) when i used it with optical cable rather than the the analogue cables.. so that might help as well... besides there are many factors that come into play when loudness is involved.. may be there are many things in the room that absorb the sound.. may be the rooms a lil big for the speakers.. its all personal really.. whatever suits ur needs.. if u feel its too loud.. turn it down.. if u feel its too low.. turn it up as much as u want without making the neighbors crazy...heck.. u can even keep turning it up past the 100% limit to another 12 bars... now thats loud.. i did infact turn it up to the max it could go... its amazing.. all the glass on the windows start to shake more and more... just remember one very very important rule.. heh.. u have a stable power supply else it wont take long for the fuse or the speakers itself to go kaput.. and ya. do remember to enjooy ur self...
phew.. i guess i wrote a lil more than i shoudve.. :p

Logitech Z5500 does not sound loud when connected through analog cables. Always better to go or coaxial input or optical input which sounds really better and louder.

I have experienced this personally, but i do not have the speakers with me now, was not able to bring it back from the US....:(

thanks again guys , and yes i need to look into the acoustics of the room to make sure the sound is right .

@ redscorpian : dude right now i'm using it on my wall socket , i also have a 800 va UPS , but i'm not sure will it support the speakers or not so i did not bother connecting it there, since it's also shared with my xbox 360 and samsung series 5 37" hdtv.

any idea about the max power consumption of this beast ?

i just need 2-3 bars when using output from xonar dx , all sound same optical / coaxial / analog in terms of volume .. when i plug in with some other device eg my HD2 then i need 4-5 bars to get equivalent volume to pc . so it depends on ur audio source how much volume bars u need .

if u want louder volume then turn on volume boost . keep mute pressed and turn volume knob clockwise until it shows volume+1 to +11 .

it doesnt consume much power i think , max i had read it consumes 10w appox on idle and approx 40w with optical input when volume is minimum , u can expect around 100w at high volume .

Back