Camera Query about Memory cards

Hello everyone, I recently saw a memory card bundled with a camera by the brand. The max write speed supported by the memory card is upto 70 mbps but the camera can record videos at 100 mbps. So does that mean that the camera writes data in its buffer first and then writes it again on the memory card at lesser speeds?

If I'm not wrong all camera's make use of a buffer - but without going into specifics - the bundled cards are shit.

do yourself a favor and go buy a higher speed and capacity memory card - especially if you're going to be doing HQ Vids and shooting in RAW (if you don't shoot in RAW - you should).

I tested the bundled card and it is not at all of low quality. The rated speed is 70 mbps write and 250 mbps read. The camera records 4K video at 100 mbps and the card is handling the videos fine. I didn't know that a buffer can handle such a huge difference.

I tested the bundled card and it is not at all of low quality. The rated speed is 70 mbps write and 250 mbps read. The camera records 4K video at 100 mbps and the card is handling the videos fine. I didn't know that a buffer can handle such a huge difference.
The rating is minimum value. If your video is truly 100 mbps, the card can handle 100 mbps just fine. I don't think camera have such huge buffers to handle 30 mbps of load for the duration of the video.

The rating is minimum value. If your video is truly 100 mbps, the card can handle 100 mbps just fine. I don't think camera have such huge buffers to handle 30 mbps of load for the duration of the video.
Yes, the buffer cannot handle such a huge difference and no, the rating is not minimum value.
I realized later that the speed mentioned on the card is in "MBps" while the camera ratings is in "mbps" so the card can record a maximum of 70 MBPS which is 70*8= 560 mbps while the camera can output a max of 100 mbps.

Back