PC Peripherals Query about Seasonic Warranty.

Rogues

Disciple
I am about to buy a X560 or a S12II 620W PSU from flipkart and was wondering if anyone had any experience getting their Seasonic PSU rma'ed. I understand that Tirupati handles the A.S.S. What worries me is that they do not have a local office here at Hyderabad.

Also would it make sense to pay 1k more to go with the TX 650 V2 just for A.S.S of Corsair?

Note that if I end up paying 7.5k for a ~600W PSU, I expect it to be modular. Any suggestion are welcome.

@Rogues If you want a Moduler PSU then go for Corsair HX650-6.8k,Corsair has very good A.S.S it's worth going for.If you don't want Modular PSU then within that budget you can get Corsair TX750V2-7k,That way you'll get an extra 100V in you can easily add dual GPU.If you're just looking for a good 600W psu then go for Corsir TX650V2-5.4k,That way you'll get a quality psu within less budget.Seasonic A.S.S is dodgy can't say how good it is since not many have had any experience of RMA,Hope this helps.:)

@Rogues best option for modular SMPS with decent warranty coverage in India are --
  • Corsair HX650W ~6500/-
  • Cooler Master Silent Power Pro M600 ~6000/-
  • Cooler Master Silent Power M2 600W ~7000/-
All these carry 5 years of warranty and excellent after sales network.

Seasonic as Jakob has mentioned is dodgy.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
ALPHA17 : HX 650 is 7 years.

Max Output I need is 650 Watt. If I can get anything for cheaper than 7k, I'll save the rest of the money. Where should I buy the HX 650 from?

How good are the Cooler Master Silent Pro? I'm a little skeptical about them.

EDIT : I understand that Seasonic SI2II is a highly recommended PSU on TE. Most of the time, it's good enough to last out the whole 5 years, but what I wanted to know is how difficult it is get one replaced if it stops working and what are you basing your opinion on.

Max Output I need is 650 Watt. If I can get anything for cheaper than 7k, I'll save the rest of the money. Where should I buy the HX 650 from?

How good are the Cooler Master Silent Pro? I'm a little skeptical about them.

EDIT : I understand that Seasonic SI2II is a highly recommended PSU on TE. Most of the time, it's good enough to last out the whole 5 years, but what I wanted to know is how difficult it is get one replaced if it stops working and what are you basing your opinion on.

Yeah, that slipped my memory. The Corsair HX series onwards all SMPS carry an inane amount of warranty.

About the Cooler Master Silent Pro M series, here is a review that should allay any misgivings --> Coolermaster Silent Pro M600 Review.

Mostly in North India and Deccan the Seasonic distributors are telling interested buyers to go for competing SMPS like GX-series (Cooler Master) and CX / GS series (Corsair). Both the competing products are simply not in the same league as the S12II series and I will give it credit for that but if you want to buy ~600W+ and equivalent SMPS the Corsair TX v2 and Cooler Master Silent Pro line are priced more competitively and thanks to better sales and support network are recommended more often from me.

Hope this helps. Cheerio!

Where are you based? (sourcing the HX650W)

@ALPHA17 : I'm at Hyderabad, I'm open to purchasing online but would prefer a local buy since I need it asap. I'm going to CTC today to see if they have it available. My Asus motherboard started reporting about power surges today. It's an Iball, so no surprises there...

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=33927]I'm at Hyderabad, I'm open to purchasing online but would prefer a local buy since I need it asap. I'm going to CTC today to see if they have it available. My Asus motherboard started reporting about power surges today. It's an Iball, so no surprises there...

Go for a Corsair OR Cooler Master SMPS, ironically I bought my current RIG from CTC (Shweta Peripherals).

I have a Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460W and I'm completely satisfied with its performance. You will find the Cooler Master Silent Pro M's easily. Corsair you will have to hit Bhumika Peripherals in the basement.

Happy shopping, Cheerio!

Thanks guys, ended up buying the HX650 for 6,850/- The service center is also pretty close to my place and if this stops working, I'll probably be receiving the new HX650 Gold.

Back