Query about Torrents!!

k.. to start with i have MTNL TRIBAND 590 NU (The boosted 2mbps plan :p )

now heres the scenario

i downloaded torrents from various sites with pathetic seeds (1/14), ok seeds(50~60/250), good seeds(100/~500), well seeds(~400/~900)... tried azureus/utorrent/flashget.... but the god damn speed never went above 40KB {at nights but flashget catches the same speed (200kb) during the day time with torrents be it pathetic or good :(}....
yesterday night i kept solaris 10 for download using their own pathetically designed software ("SDM"- Sun Download Manager) and i was shocked with the result.. i completed 2.5GB in 3.5hours @215-220KBps

now i have no idea y the above said clients fail to download at these rates even with good seeded torrents at nights :(...neone else facing problems with the above mentioned clients?

how much more "well" the torrents need to be seeded?

This is not a problem with your seeds, it's because u r on an asymmetric connection. So your upload speed is capped at 256kbps or 32kBps. The download speed in torrents is roughly proportional to your upload speeds and and are in some cases restricted by it,that is the reason for your not getting ur full 2mbps speed. This is to maintain a good ratio of the torrent as well as preserve the health of the torrent. If you have too many downloads at very high speeds and very few uploads at very low speeds it's gonna eventually kill the torrent, as no proportion will be maintained.

However on http, the download speed is not restricted by your upload speed hence you got your full speed.

On another note flashget is not really a good torrent client. Azureus or utorrent would serve you just fine.

Also remember that torrent speed will not only depend on number of seeds but more on seeder/leecher ratio. Usually this ratio is less than 1 on public trackers. Try to dll a torrent from pvt tracker with seeder/lecher ratio of more than 50. Then only u will be able to determine whether problem is with ur torrent client or something with torrent itself about which u cant do anything.

Back