Graphic Cards Query abt GTX 275 installation

Wolfbane

Disciple
Hi
Just got myself a GTX 275 yest :eek:hyeah:
During installation, came across a grounding wire that connects to the card and Mobo.
However I cant find any slot to ground the card to the mobo (Asus M3A78-EM)
Presently have installed the card without grounding it.
Can this cause any problem in the long run??
Please Help

Thanks

I dont think so (that you shall have any problems). But if you are sure that the wire is for grounding, you can attach it to any screw on the cabinet including on which you shall be screwing the card etc. Also make sure that the ground on the mains is working properly.

matoind said:
I dont think so (that you shall have any problems). But if you are sure that the wire is for grounding, you can attach it to any screw on the cabinet including on which you shall be screwing the card etc. Also make sure that the ground on the mains is working properly.

Hmmm...am kinda sure that its for grounding. it's like our front panel connector of a cabby with the thin long plastic jackets which go on metal spikes on mobo.

There are two of these connectors one has ground printed on it while the other is blank.

Still after u shell out so much for a card, one needs to be a bit more sure.

Dude are u sure its a grounding cable? I suspect its the S/PDIF passthrough cable.Sound over HDMI requires an S/PDIF pass through cable. Is it something like the black cable shown here on the right hand bottom corner?

xgjf2u.jpg

i'm damn sure its the header cable for HDMI audio.
dont worry ur card will work fine on that mobo cuz i've used that mobo (with X3 720BE) with my XFX GTX 275.

madnav said:
self pwnage

please read the product manual once.

BTW, Palit, in its cost cutting spree has has not included any manual. So that was outta the question.:mad:

But thanks a lot, didnt know abt the spdif connector.

Man, life was so simple with an 8600 :)

Thanks guys

sohancool said:
Dude are u sure its a grounding cable? I suspect its the S/PDIF passthrough cable.Sound over HDMI requires an S/PDIF pass through cable. Is it something like the black cable shown here on the right hand bottom corner?

xgjf2u.jpg

Hehehehehe, yup its the same, my mistake:ashamed:

Back