Monitors query (HELP) lcd monitor connections

harshkhorwal

Disciple
hello friends

i hv just bought my new BENQ G2220 FULL HD MONITOR :D :eek:hyeah: . i m confused :S or u can say unaware :( that can i connect my monitor with airtel/ tata sky / dish tv ( any one ) . with the help of a tv tuner card or something else . does tv tuner like pinnacle ( costly ) can help me , or there is something else that can help me :huh: . my monitor haS a DVI n D-SUB INPUT .

ur suggestion r heartly welcomed :clap: as i m going to purchase airtel/ tata sky / dish tv in a 3 to 4 days . . before purchasing i need to make sure whether i can do the connections or not . also whcih will be the best option . as i hv my old 21 INCHES TV WHOSE PIC QUALITY AS DULL AS CRAP AS COMPARED 2 LCD thats why i want the connections 2 b made with my lcd
plssssss help ;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

help guys 62 views n still not a suggestion :(

Airtel /tata will look like rat poop on the FULL HD LCD :p

& yes, you can watch dth on your monitor, with a TV Tuner card installed in PC.

Yes you can purchase a TV tuner card and watch TV. Now you'll need to decide on whether to go for internal or external one. Short difference between both is that through internal tv tuner you can record TV and you'll need to wait for the windows to load and then start the software. But through external, you'll just need to ON the tv tuner, and the monitor and then you can watch the TV. And you dont even need to start the CPU/software. And yes now problem, I too have DishTV with my Full HD LCD.

I have both. This may sound stupid but I can explain this :)) I dont have TV at home, my Dad watches TV through external tv tuner card and I watch through internal one, because I like to record and listen FM radio and all. I have Umax Tvision External tv tuner card and Pixelview Play TV Pro3 as internal. Yes the setup of both through Dish TV is somewhat hard but I figured it out easily as my DishTV STB is near to my PC only (next to speakers of my PC).

But you just first decide which functionalities you want and then go for one. Decide for either internal or external first. For internal do look out for features like timeshift, recording, snapshot capturing, FM Radio, etc and if you can then go for this one only (Pixelview Play TV Pro3 ). I also used Pinnacle but was not satisfied but this one rocks and if you want external one then look out in the market there are many brands, but look for the one which gives you highest resolution. e.g. this one has 1680 x 1050 maximum resolution. And dont try to find a Full HD, i mean 1920 x 1080, because there are no such availalbe in the market. YET.

Back