Query regarding BSNL 3G

subhadip0608

Disciple
Hi Guys,
I do not know much about BSNL as a ISP, so it's my request to you to help me in knowing more about the 3G service provided by BSNL.

Firstly, how is the unlimited internet usage policy in BSNL ? is it really unlimited ?
If anyone of you have used the BSNL 3G service and you applied for it as a outstation customer, what are the required documents they want ?

There are other 3G service providers like Tata Docomo etc. are they better than BSNL 3G service ?

Guys I am at pune and I want to go with the BSNL 3G, but i stay at a rented apartment, can you suggest how should I apply for the BSNL 3G service ?

BSNL is a hit or miss affair
.you have fair probabilty of getting high speeds in range of 200-250kB/s in Pune(depending on no. of users in ur tower coverage are)
Yesssssss.NO FUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!None
Docomo has not yet rolled out its entire 3g services so I can't compare them both
But BSNL 3g has a max speed of 7.2mbps in Bangalore and 3.6 in most of the other places whereas the private operators are said to be rolling out 21 Mbps networks.
For applying u need an address proof like the following-Voter ID card,Pan card ,passport.i used my PAN card.Just go to the nearest BSNL CSC and buy a 3g sim @ 59 and a First recharge(FRC NOT TOPUP!!!!!!!) of Rs. 58 to avail 1 week of truly unlimited browsing.
check this out
:: BSNL 3G ::

Marcus Fenix said:
BSNL is a hit or miss affair

.you have fair probabilty of getting high speeds in range of 200-250kB/s in Pune(depending on no. of users in ur tower coverage are)

Yesssssss.NO FUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!None

Docomo has not yet rolled out its entire 3g services so I can't compare them both

But BSNL 3g has a max speed of 7.2mbps in Bangalore and 3.6 in most of the other places whereas the private operators are said to be rolling out 21 Mbps networks.

For applying u need an address proof like the following-Voter ID card,Pan card ,passport.i used my PAN card.Just go to the nearest BSNL CSC and buy a 3g sim @ 59 and a First recharge(FRC NOT TOPUP!!!!!!!) of Rs. 58 to avail 1 week of truly unlimited browsing.

check this out

:: BSNL 3G ::
thanks @Marcus thanks for the info, are you an outstation customer or do u have your own house in Pune, how about the so called "unlimited" connection is it worth a deal, if my soul purpose of taking the connection is downloading?

Another thing that i wish to know is the "USB and PCMCIA type HSDPA data cards",

How are they ? what are the tariff plans for the same? can you post me a link for the data cards ?

Firstly, how is the unlimited internet usage policy in BSNL ? is it really unlimited ?

ya bsnl 3g is unlimited(so far!!)

There are other 3G service providers like Tata Docomo etc. are they better than BSNL 3G service ?

Not better.. No decent plans yet!!

If anyone of you have used the BSNL 3G service and you applied for it as a outstation customer, what are the required documents they want ?

Guys I am at pune and I want to go with the BSNL 3G, but i stay at a rented apartment, can you suggest how should I apply for the BSNL 3G service ?

For id proof..any photo id like PAN card/DL etc.. for address proof u need to provide rented house agreement or a letter signed by your house owner which describes that ur staying in that particular location along with electricity/utility bill.. Though this rule varies for different states!!

subhadip0608 said:
thanks @Marcus thanks for the info, are you an outstation customer or do u have your own house in Pune, how about the so called "unlimited" connection is it worth a deal, if my soul purpose of taking the connection is downloading?
Another thing that i wish to know is the "USB and PCMCIA type HSDPA data cards",
How are they ? what are the tariff plans for the same? can you post me a link for the data cards ?

nope dude I am in Kolkata.
yep its u/l hard to believe in the days of FUp but yessss
Buy a e122 in the dealer's paradise for 2250/- PCMCIA slots can only be found in lappies and they are a bit slower than usb

Back