Query regarding Capgemini Mumbai

Hi All,

Recently I got an offer from Capgemini India Pvt Ltd for the role of PeopleSoft Consultant. Well I have some queries regarding nature of job and work culture over there. First of all I would like to give you a brief idea about my profile. Well I graduated from IIT Kharagpur in year 2008 and joined Oracle in PeopleSoft group. Presently here at Oracle, work load is not much. And I am able to survive pretty well. I have few doubts which are below:

1. How is work culture at Capgemini? If work load too much?
2. How is growth prospect. Currently they offered my position of Consultant/P3. How long generally it takes to reach next level?
3. How is appraisal process? Is it fair enough or it's biased? (I've read many bad review about appraisal process online that's why asking this question).
4. How is salary increment prospect over there? How many times salary correction takes place? What are the factors influencing this (manager, appraisal rating or anything else)?
5. Do you think this role is suitable for me knowing that I have no background of consultancy and I am coming from product development company?

Anyone who has worked with Capgemini, please answer my questions. It would really be helpful for me.

Thanks!

1:> Depends a lot on which project you get into! Its difficult to generalize and form an opinion about a company's culture since every project has a different culture. On the whole though, it is no different from most other IT companies (which means the culture is pretty good)

2:> P3 is fine for a guy of your experience. You will take atleast 3 years to move to P4 (Senior Consultant) level.

3:> Appraisal process is just like other companies. Normalization, bell curve! Different terms with the same meaning! But yea, IMHO it needs to be a bit more transparent.

4:> Correction happens once a year and growth prospects are good. But don't expect huge salary hikes every year.

5:> Consultant is just a fancy name given to the profile. You would do well over there. Good luck.

Back