Query regarding mechanical key springs

So my Logi G15s W key has finally given up, staying stuck after prolonged use. The KB is 12 y.o, so I dont care. Took my Corsair K70 (with cherry reds) out of storage which I self retired last year. Straightaway I hate it, again. Main problem is the shocking springs. I mean every key literally fights back (read strong debounce, if thats the correct word). The spring tension is way too high, as I type relaxed/lightly, without any efforts at all. Other than that the noise, which I cannot stand anyway. My speed reduced from ~85 to ~70, from membrane to mech. And the experience is gasping.

I have only one question to those who use mechs, and those who are light-fingered typists as well, are all mech keys like this, having a typically heavy spring tension/weight? Any keys at all with light springs? Pls let me know. I must buy a new kb at the earliest.

I'm sure the mech heads here will chime in with much more info, but just as a possible recommendation if you're looking for low-force reds, I use Cosmic Byte CB-GK-18 with Outemu reds and the keys are very light.

So my Logi G15s W key has finally given up, staying stuck after prolonged use. The KB is 12 y.o, so I dont care. Took my Corsair K70 (with cherry reds) out of storage which I self retired last year. Straightaway I hate it, again. Main problem is the shocking springs. I mean every key literally fights back (read strong debounce, if thats the correct word). The spring tension is way too high, as I type relaxed/lightly, without any efforts at all. Other than that the noise, which I cannot stand anyway. My speed reduced from ~85 to ~70, from membrane to mech. And the experience is gasping.
You might be you bottoming out the keys all the time since you are used to the G15.

Try pressing the keys only until the actuation point. It's quite difficult to do so on linear switches like reds as there is hardly any feedback when it actuates. But, over time you'll get used to this and it's much less fatiguing.

I too dislike linear switches for typing though.
I have only one question to those who use mechs, and those who are light-fingered typists as well, are all mech keys like this, having a typically heavy spring tension/weight? Any keys at all with light springs? Pls let me know. I must buy a new kb at the earliest.
I highly recommend going for tactile switches (Cherry MX Browns, Razer Orange etc.) if you're planning to change your keyboard. The distinct bump at the actuation point is perfect for light fingered typing. It's much easier to get used to pressing only until the actuation point. It feels like your fingers are dancing over the keys.

You might be you bottoming out the keys all the time since you are used to the G15.
Yes, I bottom out hard. That's how I type. That's why the pre-travel thingy doesn't apply to me, i only look at the total travel, and 4 mm at that is like taking a ride through Everest. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get used to the type-till-actuation-only thing. I mean trying to change a 20 year old habit is difficult you know.
Besides, I need a dead silent kb. And I'm a gamer first and foremost. Would the tactile switches you speak of be either silent or suitable for gaming? If them low profile products were available in india i would have got one, like the nuphy 96 caught my eyes.
But really though, even with a light-spring standard mech key I'll be better off. I was reading a bit myself and i think the Whites are said to be light, not sure.

@calvin1719 i would rather get a premium board really.

I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get used to the type-till-actuation-only thing. I mean trying to change a 20 year old habit is difficult you know.
Yeah, I can understand. I started using mechanical keyboards only 2-3 years ago. It took a while to get used it.
Besides, I need a dead silent kb.
They are less noisy compared to clicky switches, but I would not call them silent (Even those marketed as such). But the sound they make is softer and far less offensive to my ears compared to say Cherry MX Blues.
And I'm a gamer first and foremost. Would the tactile switches you speak of be either silent or suitable for gaming?
My daily is a Razer Blackwidow Lite with Razer orange switches. It felt clunky and slow when I first got it. I played mostly on membrane/rubber dome keyboards till then and used to bottom out always. After I got used to the Razer, it feels satisfying and my speed increased to my usual levels (Or maybe slightly faster as I no longer bottom out when pressing the same keys repeatedly).

When playing competitive FPS or MMOs I sometimes felt like switching to switch to my old G213 for the smoother feel and prior muscle memory but that went away with time.

try brown switches, I used to have blue and they are nice to type but I hate how loud they are. then I tried red but didn't like them as much and finally moved to brown.

Back