Query related to buying Dell Laptop

kochu

Disciple
Hi Friends,
I have decided to buy New! Inspiron 15R Special Edition from Dell Online. Have a couple of queries in mind, which I would like to get answered from experts like you.

• Is there some benefit if I wait until Windows 8 is launched? Or can I go ahead and buy the laptop now and then upgrade whenever I wish to.

• Warranty: Please suggest if it is worth going for the extended 2 or 3 years Warranty.

• Is it possible to ask dell not to install those crappy trial version McAfee, Office etc.. on to the new laptop?

Hi Friends,
I have decided to buy New! Inspiron 15R Special Edition from Dell Online. Have a couple of queries in mind, which I would like to get answered from experts like you.

• Is there some benefit if I wait until Windows 8 is launched? Or can I go ahead and buy the laptop now and then upgrade whenever I wish to. There will probably be versions with a touchscreen available when Win8 launches, so if you can, waiting may be a good idea, but not very important

• Warranty: Please suggest if it is worth going for the extended 2 or 3 years Warranty. 3 years complete cover -- buy it

• Is it possible to ask dell not to install those crappy trial version McAfee, Office etc.. on to the new laptop?
On Inspirons: I don't think so, still try to ask the CSR, you may get lucky

Thanks for your inputs.
I am not really interested in the touchscreen version so probably will go ahead with the purchase.'
One more question what all does Accidental Damage Services covers?

- - - Updated - - -

Found the description for Accidental Damage Services coverage.

1. Check this: Windows Upgrade Offer - Program Information Basically you can upgrade to Windows 8 at Rs.699 only, even if you purchase your laptop now.
2. Get the extended complete cover if you can afford it. It will be useful.
3. I don't think Dell customizes software installations. You will need to uninstall the crapware yourself.

Thanks for your advise, will be going for the 3 years extended cover (this is the max they offer with new systems), and have also confirmed with dell that they can't customize software installation since they get revenue from MS and McAfee for installing them.

have you checked the sound quality of the Dell 15R.....One of my roomie have this model and we find the sound quality of the same to be pretty low..

I had booked this model with the hd screen option, 2 weeks back, and now these idiots come back saying they don't have the model anymore, and gave me two options:
1. Go for another model.
2. Cancel the order.

Did anyone face such issues with Dell?

My point is why did they take the order and accept the payment if it was not available.

Back