Budget Above 25K Question for iphone owners.

srjsrajan

Market Restricted
Disciple
I m gonna buy iphone 5 this months and i wanna know that will my warranty get void if i jailbreak it? and i heard peoples swapping phones from apple store so just wanna know that do they swap phones wiithout any reason? Even if the phone is working good and have some scratches then too they exange it with a new one? Also they change phone if we broke it?

I m gonna buy iphone 5 this months and i wanna know that will my warranty get void if i jailbreak it? and i heard peoples swapping phones from apple store so just wanna know that do they swap phones wiithout any reason? Even if the phone is working good and have some scratches then too they exange it with a new one? Also they change phone if we broke it?

* The warranty wont get void if you jailbreak it. However it is advisable to reset the phone and restore it to the lates OS incase there is any problem and then give it to the asc.

* Apple has a good exchange policy and no they wont exchange your phone just for scratches and dents. Physical damage doesnt count on the warranty end.

i had a problem with my ipad mini
i put a bit too much pressure on the display thinking its like glass tough but there were blue distortion we see when we put pressure on lcd
after some days i noticed there was bluish tint inside the screen , minute discoloration
then yesterday i went to service center and they will give me replacement in 5 days time ...
NEXT TIME im going TREAT my baby more nicely :)

But peoples swap phone without any reason , how can they do this?

That happens in USA. Not here. Also not everytime.
They will not just swap your phone for no genuine reason. Also you can jailbreak the iPhone 5 (if not on iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.4) but if something grossly goes wrong, software wise, you just restore back. You won't do any hardware damage because of jailbreaking.

Apple care is pretty awesome. Almost all people I know have got their phones exchanged for a baseless reason.

And No, Your warranty does not get void cause of jailbreak.

It does void warranty with jailbreak.
Jailbreak is unofficial.modification of apple proprietary software and they can treat it as voided warranty as you are modifying software in way which is not allowed by apple.
So they can refuse your warranty claim for software issue.

That device swap also will stop soon as apple is planning to repair the devices in apple stores itself.
So their is no guarentee that you will get swapped to new unit.
Those days are over as people exploited excellent customer service.

Technically Yes. Your warranty gets voided. But jailbreak is not like virginity that one prick and its all gone. You can always restore it back.

Regarding the exploitation of Apple services, well rumor says that Apple is looking into its customer services in which they be giving more to customers. Cometh June 10 and we will know whats in store.

Back