All OS Questions about Qualcomm audio codecs

greenhorn

Patron
I was trying to understand a bit more about Qualcomm audio hardware and how things work, but it looks like Qualcomm will share the datasheet only if you're one of their partner companies. So posting some queries here hoping someone who has access to the data can help

1. When i looked at the soc audio spec , it says up to wcdxxxx, which is one of their audio codecs. Does this mean the codec is built into the SoC, and they offer multiple versions, or that it supports different codec chips and this is the highest it can hold
2. What drives the headphone output? Is it directly from the codec, or the speaker power amplifier chip (wsaxxxx)
3. Given #1 above is there a way to easily check the codec a phone is using? Same for amp
4. My understanding is that the same codec can be configured to work in different modes... High performance, power saving etc. Again is there any easy way to check this?

If i am not wrong the wcdxxxx are device specific (because I have seen a few devices without wcd implementation) more than SoC specific and yea there are multiple versions. I can't say anything about the wsaxxx bit

Back