Storage Solutions Questions re: cloning boot drive

nottheguru

Disciple
i recently had issues with a raid 1 array and installed xp on an eide 80g hdd. now i want to clone the install to a new 320g. the 80g didn't support fat32 so its nfts but i want to format the new drive as fat32 IF after cloning it will boot. don't need that issue again.

can the cloning be done as iso image with nero or do i need different software?

any instructions and or information on this subject would be great

nottheguru said:
i want to clone the install to a new 320g. the 80g didn't support fat32 so its nfts but i want to format the new drive as fat32 IF after cloning it will boot. don't need that issue again.

1. U cant have FAT32 for entire 80GB partition.
2. If u still want to clone the drive to 320GB, make a partition of 80GB on the II HDD and clone it with Norton Ghost.. (i.e., drive cloning). and its one time..(meaning no RAID)...

hope this will resolve ur problem...

Got it, i realized the fat32 limit after thinking more about it. i found out afterwards that WD datalifeguards program that came with drive lets you format and copy boot drive to your new drive in one sweep. SWEEEEEET! i guess this was an uneeded post but maybe it will help another wondering soul. lthanks for the info. i'll repost here if i have issues. Cheers!

dlsam said:
1. U cant have FAT32 for entire 80GB partition.
It CAN be formatted as fat32.Only thing is native windows does not support it.
Format using any partition managers..it can be done.:)
& yes...it can be read/write on any windows..:) . . anyway NTFS is better..:hap2:

Back