Quick change of network settings...?

I'm a Sify user and there are CS servers on HotWire lan. So for playing CS i have to switch on to HotWire network and for that i have to....
1) Make changes in ip address, default gateway, dns server.
2) Restart my system.

Is there any method (some custom made script or something) to do away with the first step?
Is there any way so that i dont have to restart my system for the new settings to take effect?

I am using Win98 btw.

Dont think so... That only works when IP assigned to you by DHCP servers in the same network... In your case you are changeing to a different network alltogather so it would not work...

How do u switch n/w anyway? Do u have two physical connections?
And no, unfortunately since Win98 is not really a network OS, u can't do any fancy switching or restarting of services.

Well if you switching between two physical networks then the simplest option is to plug in another LAN card... You have two permanent IP's and that would work... Cheapest LAN card would be for Rs 300 or so....

ThunderBolt said:
I'm a Sify user and there are CS servers on HotWire lan. So for playing CS i have to switch on to HotWire network and for that i have to....
1) Make changes in ip address, default gateway, dns server.
2) Restart my system.

Is there any method (some custom made script or something) to do away with the first step?
Is there any way so that i dont have to restart my system for the new settings to take effect?

I am using Win98 btw.

No, with win98 you can't. Ironically, the answer is in your sig, it "Requires Windows XP or better".

Back