Qwerty Phone, Budget 15k

Hi,

I wanted to get a querty phone within a budget of around 15k. The Nokia E 63 and the E 71 look pretty good for me and was inclined towards the E 71. But is the E71 a nice buy now since its quite an old model (2008 release I guess) the features though are absolutely fantastic.

Also any BB's available within this budget.

Do suggest.

E71 would be a good buy. It's a solid and reliable model.

BB Curve 8520 goes for around 14k. BB 8900 for 18k I think. I would not recommend them unless you absolutely need the BBM service. They'd require a monthly fee of Rs. 300+ too.

Had looked up the Curve 8520 but it has 3G missing, considering 3G is soon to come here in India also I will be keeping this phone for 2 years at least I'd rather stay away from it. So It seems BB is out of my budget.

Also is the E71 getting updates to its OS, sorry am a complete noob when it comes to nokia. If I buy the E71 it'll be my 1st Nokia phone.

E71 is really good, solid feel, reliable, great build quality, E72 once was bad but after all the firmware updates, the bugs have vanished.

E71 is around 13K and the E72 is 18K.

You can consider the E55 also, but it has a half qwerty which some people may not like.

orangewrath said:
E71 is really good, solid feel, reliable, great build quality, E72 once was bad but after all the firmware updates, the bugs have vanished.

E71 is around 13K and the E72 is 18K.

You can consider the E55 also, but it has a half qwerty which some people may not like.
E72 is around 16.5 now .

I did a bit of research and yes it seems the E72 is a better bet. Like spirit said the market price is 16.5k I guess I could churn out 1.5k more. Also I saw a new model E73 mode which looks similar to the E72 anybody knows about this.

techno_funky said:
I did a bit of research and yes it seems the E72 is a better bet. Like spirit said the market price is 16.5k I guess I could churn out 1.5k more. Also I saw a new model E73 mode which looks similar to the E72 anybody knows about this.
There is absolutely not much of a difference between the e72 and e73 except for the different 3G band for the US and Europe.

And I did check up on the E72's price, you will probably get it for 16.5K and E71 at about 12.5K

Also the E63 is for just 8.5K, you could use that for a while and upgrade to a BB if you'd like.

Nokia E72 vs. Nokia E73 Mode - GSMArena.com

orangewrath said:
There is absolutely not much of a difference between the e72 and e73 except for the different 3G band for the US and Europe.
And I did check up on the E72's price, you will probably get it for 16.5K and E71 at about 12.5K
Also the E63 is for just 8.5K, you could use that for a while and upgrade to a BB if you'd like.

Nokia E72 vs. Nokia E73 Mode - GSMArena.com
I was yesterday contemplating over the E63 too, considering this will be my 1st QWERTY phone I was thinking why not go for E63 and see if you are comfortable with it then later on upgrade. Eugh! I am confused.

Yeah you can actually try with the E63, one of my friend just got a new Red one a week back and he said he didn't charge it till today! Battery life is just superb.

You ll need some time to get used to the qwerty but after a few days, you wont be able to keep your hands off it.

But if you want to experiment, just get the E71, you can try your hand at qwerty and its in no way cheap looking (E63 lacks a little on the oomph value) and solid metal!

orangewrath said:
Yeah you can actually try with the E63, one of my friend just got a new Red one a week back and he said he didn't charge it till today! Battery life is just superb.
You ll need some time to get used to the qwerty but after a few days, you wont be able to keep your hands off it.
But if you want to experiment, just get the E71, you can try your hand at qwerty and its in no way cheap looking (E63 lacks a little on the oomph value) and solid metal!
Exactly the plasticky and the bulky look of the E63 is enough to put me off. And its like if I am getting the e71 why not add a few more bucks and buy the E72 lol!. Allrite then I guess I will go for the E72 (hopefully) wont be changing this phone for a couple of years so I'd rather go for the current tech.

Back