Audio R50 earpiece filter problem

xenaxance

Disciple
Need help guys.. while cleaning myR50.. i ended up pushing the filter of my right earpiece a bit inside ..
now the problem is sound from my right earpiece is bit low and sounds dull compared to the left one..
will Etymotic-Filter Changing Tool help..
or any other alternative

I wont advice you to open them yourself.Contact esanthosh or faheem.They may have some experience.If you plan to open them yourself use hair dryer to soften the glue.AT YOUR OWN RISK !

I wont advice you to open them yourself.Contact esanthosh or faheem.They may have some experience.If you plan to open them yourself use hair dryer to soften the glue.AT YOUR OWN RISK !

hey thanks for replying
i also checked for rma.. i've to send these to HK along with their return shipping fees :- 25$..
well i guess i'll open them
will hair dryer help.. as i guess they used some superglue in place of that yellow gooey glue..

Doubt it. Is it a paper filter or a metal mesh? If it's the latter, have you tried using a pin to lift it up (or just take it out and then push it in)? May require lot of patience considering the fragile housings of R50, but may work.

Doubt it. Is it a paper filter or a metal mesh? If it's the latter, have you tried using a pin to lift it up (or just take it out and then push it in)? May require lot of patience considering the fragile housings of R50, but may work.

its not paper filter or mesh ones
i think its an accu filter or damper.. what they call.. a beige one .. i suppose

lCKmSU2ywWfDkKkQldgDxHf2cOYMRwcZawQ7ZQBPXmQ=w368-h207-p-no

link to HQ image
(i tried a lot to get a good pic.. this is the best i got)

also the glue used is a super glue i guess.. check the melted plastic
XPOEjYnWwmiqQ2eJQELq0AU31MRBh_BV3fCDWfeEB6M=w368-h207-p-no

link to HQ image

Back