R9 5900 + Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Query

So guys, i am on the verge of ordering a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 for my upcoming build. I plan to use the computer mostly for work, playing games and general PC tasks also no over clocking. The processor I am planning to host the cooler is a Ryzen 9 5900 and was wondering if the DRP4 would thermal throttle it. Considering I live in Mumbai and the weather here is quite hot and humid on the best of days. The case would be the Mesify from Fractal and i would be putting in a 3080 or a 3080TI FE, when i get it evcentually.

Reasons for getting the DRP4 is simply aesthetics, I simply love how the cooler looks and I am going in for a all black box. I am also not too keen on a AIO or a liquid cooling as I am not too comfortable with it overall.

TIA

Did you considered Notuca Chroma black NH-D15 ? Also for mesify which version ? I would suggest the new Corsair 5000D airflow or Corsair 5000X. Have space, good looks. Is modular.
Also let me know what temps you are getting once you get the parts. I am getting 50c on idea usage in 360 aio on same processor.
So guys, i am on the verge of ordering a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 for my upcoming build. I plan to use the computer mostly for work, playing games and general PC tasks also no over clocking. The processor I am planning to host the cooler is a Ryzen 9 5900 and was wondering if the DRP4 would thermal throttle it. Considering I live in Mumbai and the weather here is quite hot and humid on the best of days. The case would be the Mesify from Fractal and i would be putting in a 3080 or a 3080TI FE, when i get it evcentually.

Reasons for getting the DRP4 is simply aesthetics, I simply love how the cooler looks and I am going in for a all black box. I am also not too keen on a AIO or a liquid cooling as I am not too comfortable with it overall.

TIA

Right now i am planning to go with the Fractal Design Meshify 2 or the 2 XL. I did for a few minutes consider the Be Quiet Case 900 V2, it looks amazing but not available in India.

And i did consider the NH-D15, but in terms of aesthetics, for my preference, I prefer the look of the DRP4.

Right now i am planning to go with the Fractal Design Meshify 2 or the 2 XL. I did for a few minutes consider the Be Quiet Case 900 V2, it looks amazing but not available in India.

And i did consider the NH-D15, but in terms of aesthetics, for my preference, I prefer the look of the DRP4.
ok. so as I can see that Fractal Design will cost you above 14k or so. do consider the Corsair 5000D or 5000X. good looks and good airflow and better cable management. counting me one more person on the forum have the corsair 5000 series. I have 5000D and the other memeber have 5000X.

As you 've already mentioned your preference but If you can slightly adjust with the aesthetics. ?
+1 for NH-D15 Chromax.
* providing 6yrs warranty instead of 3yrs for DRP 4
* 150mm fans provided instead of 135mm with DRP4, also compatible with 140mm standard fans
* enthusiast-grade NT-H1 thermal compound is also provided with this item.
Noctua is a premium brand and you can't go wrong with it.

I can understand that aesthetic mind set of yours & I won't insist but think once more before you finalize.
Fractal Design define 7 is another good option to be considered.

ok. so as I can see that Fractal Design will cost you above 14k or so. do consider the Corsair 5000D or 5000X. good looks and good airflow and better cable management. counting me one more person on the forum have the corsair 5000 series. I have 5000D and the other memeber have 5000X.

Will definately keep that case in mind. Thanks for the recommendation. There are a couple of other cases that have caught my eye such as the Phanteks Enthoo series. But the case is probably the last thing i will purchase. And considering the case is going to outlast every component i will be loading into it, i'll probably splurge a bit on it later.

Why aren't be quiet cases available here when their coolers are..

Be Quiet does not have a dealer here in India from what I understand after speaking to their representative via emails as yet. The few coolers that did come in were imported by Tech 91 but they have stopped importing them over a year ago. The DRP4 along with some Be Quiet case fans are also things i am bringing in via Rahul. Just waiting for one the sales to start in the US which should happen on Prime in June or the 4of July sales.
As you 've already mentioned your preference but If you can slightly adjust with the aesthetics. ?
+1 for NH-D15 Chromax.
* providing 6yrs warranty instead of 3yrs for DRP 4
* 150mm fans provided instead of 135mm with DRP4, also compatible with 140mm standard fans
* enthusiast-grade NT-H1 thermal compound is also provided with this item.
Noctua is a premium brand and you can't go wrong with it.

I can understand that aesthetic mind set of yours & I won't insist but think once more before you finalize.
Fractal Design define 7 is another good option to be considered.

I know mate, a lot of people did suggest i go in for the NH-D15. Its a good looking cooler and its specs are awesome. And to be fair it would make more sense financially to go in for it. The DRP4 is going to cost 1.5k to 2.5k more to import than NH-D15. Also its not as if I am going to be staring at the box rather than the screen, if you get my drift. So technically aesthetics should not really matter in the long run. But I figure, if your gonna splurge on a new system anyway, why not do it with something you really want and not really need or make do with,

BTW thanks for the suggestion ... appreciate it.

Last edited:
Be Quiet does not have a dealer here in India from what I understand
Hope that changes soon. The Phanteks are also not available in most places, were you able to find some good Enthoo? It seems like you are going for a blacked out case and components, do post pics once done!

I'll probably start looking around for one in a bit ... A couple of dealers might be stocking it. Will have to check on elite hubs or with the online ships. And yea, I am going in for a full black, No RGB build.

Noctua NH D15 Chromax looks even more appealing if you cover it with Noctua NA-HC4 Chromax White Covers. Have a look at this video.

Regarding performance, I would say BQ 900 V2 and NH-D15 perform fairly close to each other.

If you can not find Fractal Design Meshify 2 case, I would vouch for Phanteks p500A or Corsair 5000D. I own Phanteks P500A and the airflow is excellent.

Yea, i saw another video showcasing the White clipons a coupl of days ago. Its interesting but not really my taste. What i am looking for a completly black build.

Guys, if anyone is looking for a great deal on the DRP4 cooler, Newegg has it on for $79.77 and an additional $10 off via discount code valid for the next 10 odd hours. Usually its priced at $89.99. I just picked it up for myself. Hope this helps someone. Newegg has some pretty decent discounts for the next few hours as they got listed on the Nasdaq.

Do you know when the next sale is? Newegg and Amazon

Prime Days on Amazon is around the corner, rumored to be in Early June itself. Just keep checking the site every day. Thats what I am doing.

As for Newegg, the next sale should be the 4th of July Sales. Might happen in late June or early July. But as @SunnyBoi says, keep an eye out on the reddit thread, Stuff is usually announced there.

Back