Graphic Cards R9 Nano - Specs and Launch date

649$ for it is retarded to be honest. I was looking to replace my ageing 7970 GHz edition in my second rig with a Nano. However for that price, I ain't buying. 450-500$ would have been a more sane price.

your 7970 ghz isn't really "old". i have a 280x and am relying on dx12 to carry me through till pascal/arctic islands comes out next year.
was looking forward to the fury myself but hbm didn't seem to pan out as well as predicted.
personally, a 980ti seems to be the only enthusiast card worth getting this generation.
as far as the nano is concerned, i still think it's an interesting card 'if' it can outpace hawaii at a much lower tdp as claimed.

I was hoping it was just a rumor when I saw the pricing last night, it's a very niche card at this point and definitely not something I'm interested in anymore.
I spoke to a couple of Nvidia employees last week and they said that mainstream Pascal was expected to be launched at the end of Q1 2016 (not financial) so I'm gonna hold off a li'l bit longer.
Good thing a friend's system conked off and he moved to a lappy so I'm gonna be using his 270x until something interesting comes out.

Last edited:
your 7970 ghz isn't really "old". i have a 280x and am relying on dx12 to carry me through till pascal/arctic islands comes out next year.
was looking forward to the fury myself but hbm didn't seem to pan out as well as predicted.
personally, a 980ti seems to be the only enthusiast card worth getting this generation.
as far as the nano is concerned, i still think it's an interesting card 'if' it can outpace hawaii at a much lower tdp as claimed.

Yep 980 Ti is the only worthy card this gen. Bought it within a couple of weeks of launch. The rest of the launches so far have been lukewarm. As for the Nano it apparently beats the hawaii by 30'ish percent at 175W according to the leaked slides.

Well, the nano was the last interesting gpu expected this year.
there's still a dual-gpu fiji card coming but will obviously be a $1000+ card.
no announcements of a 360x (bonair xt) or a 380x (tonga xt) so looks like that's it for 28nm.

Back