Ra.One The Game

Why not!! We should support indian developed games. Its a disgrace that senior members like you said that! We should be happy that atleast there is some progress in the Indian Scene.

^I am sure he meant it with a bit of pun. Not because it was developed by Indian devs. but it is based on SRK's movie. :lol:

Yeah i got the Pun. C'mon even Ghajini had a game but i still gave a shot at it! Games based on Movies dont do that well but then atleast something is happening with the indian scene who cares if SRK is making money of it atleast some people would be interested to make a good game which is not based on a movie entirely!

To each his own I guess. When titles such as Thor (based on the 2011 movie) flopped miserably, I wouldn't bother with Ra.One. Not to mention the movie itself is a blatant copy of other movies and games out there. Infamous for instance.

345.jpg

rajveersingh09 said:
Why not!! We should support indian developed games. Its a disgrace that senior members like you said that! We should be happy that atleast there is some progress in the Indian Scene.
I have respect towards Indian developed games but not $h!!ty games like these.The movie itself is a copy of the game InFamous :|.This is the best comment i have read about the movie i am sure the game will also be the same
iGo said:
The first thing that came to my mind when my friend told me about RA-one and G-one...... RA-one and G-one are brother robots who are separated at birth. One day they face off each other and beat the crap/junk out of each other. On the brink of their last breath, or should we say, their last voltage they notice each other's core chip. "How is that possible, I have the same chip", says RA-one... G-one, with choked voice (not sure due to emotions or breakage during fight), "BHAAIYAAAaaaaa...." Suddenly, a mother comes rushing to the scene. Since this is sci-fi movie, instead of white saree she's wearing white lab coat... "RA-one and G-one, mere do anmol ratans... mat lado, tum dono bhai ho", she says. RA-one says,"How's that possible? I thought I was the only one with this chip?" She pulls a small motherboard out of her pocket,"Yeh raha tumhara original design (it's a compact dual socket board), tum dono pehle ek hi robot banane wale the, lekin dono chips ka TDP bahot high tha, toh hame tuhme alag alag design karna pada. Ab waqt aa gaya hai ki tum dono ek ban jao aur dushman ka khatma kar do". Then both Ra-one and G-one merge with other in some kinda gross gay-makeout type scene with loads of CG (thus fulfilling SRK and KJo's long awaited fantasy) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Sorry, but I just couldn't help and ignore the connection of similarity with names... RA-one and G-one (Ravan and Jivan)... serisouly? :p I won't be surprised if this is some kind of long awaited sci-fi sequel to Karan-Arjun. LOL.

rajveersingh09 said:
C'mon even Ghajini had a game but i still gave a shot at it!

Dude if you ever want the Indian games development scene to improve, then you should definitely NOT encourage bad games by paying for them. Right now we have no idea about Ra.one, so I will not speak anything against it. But from the couple of reviews I had read about Ghajini, it was a crap game. These type of games are made as a open cash grab, taking advantage of movie fans who dont really know much about games.

God knows how many kids would've been entirely turned off gaming after having to play these 'games' which their parents, uncles/aunties would've innocently bought them. If anything, this only harms the gaming scene in India.

I remember playing one of the first 3D Indian games - The Legend of Bhagat Singh.Besides the shitty graphics,sound,gameplay and pretty much everything,the game was hilariously buggy.If you died and then pressed Esc you were returned to the game and your health would underflow into negatives and you could continue playing on while getting shot at :rofl:

pretttt said:
Dude if you ever want the Indian games development scene to improve, then you should definitely NOT encourage bad games by paying for them. Right now we have no idea about Ra.one, so I will not speak anything against it. But from the couple of reviews I had read about Ghajini, it was a crap game. These type of games are made as a open cash grab, taking advantage of movie fans who dont really know much about games.

God knows how many kids would've been entirely turned off gaming after having to play these 'games' which their parents, uncles/aunties would've innocently bought them. If anything, this only harms the gaming scene in India.

That is so true. I have often seen parents come to shops to buy a game for their kid(s) and end up picking such titles because of their familiarity to the movies they are based around and secondly because they are so damn cheap, so I can imagine children and parents alike judging gaming itself based on such lousy crap.

If I have to choose between lousy home grown crap and games not being made at all in our country, I would gladly choose the later any day. I would rather donate the 100/200 bucks that these sell for to other more deserving game studios that are slowly withering away. I mean people blow money on crap like this just because its home grown, but they would pirate great games from other studios without blinking an eye.

It also has a lot to do with the differential pricing. Indian games are available for much cheaper than the more popular international ones. Moreover if someone is really serious about the Indian gaming scene, they could probably do something about contributing to it than cribbing about whatever little that comes out. One thing most Indian developers lack is money. When someone actually invests a lot of amount into a game for a change, it deserves a mention at the very least, and not brickbats. The latter would kill whatever little chances the others might have had.

Lack of money is not an excuse for making bad games. Look at the indie scene. 1 or 2 person teams are making amazing games on shoe-string budgets. Braid was made by 1 developer and 1 artist. Music was from Creative Commons library. Beat Hazard (one of my favorite casual games on steam) was made by 1 person. There are many more examples. Lack of money is not an issue faced by Indian developers alone. That problem exists all over the world and for all indie developers.

We are not cribbing, but just advising the OP not to buy bad games just because they are made by Indians. If you want the quality of games to improve, vote with your money. Also, just to clarify, I'm not referring to Ra.one game here, I'm referring to Ghajini actually. I dont know how Ra.one will turn out.

Back