Graphic Cards Radeon X800XL playable settings.

Aces170

ex-Mod
Yep a [H] review. Not apples to apples though :

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Nzgw

Hmm looks like X800XL plays all the games other then Doom 3 a notch higher then 6800 GT. What is surprising is Everquest 2 where even 6800 GT struggles if you see the screenshot, looks like the game disabled water effects at the performance mode !!!!

ya both cards were always more or less the same other than doom3. but since the 6800gt price also down to 300$ & x800xl also @ 300$ i guess i would go for 6800gt, cause i dint like the ati x series that much, the next chipset war should be good.

Hmmm..........if prices r about the same, wud go for the 6800GT ;)
no need to explain rite??? :p

BUt in India i guess the XL is aLoT cheaper.....

Very true...... If the difference is like 4-5K, then more people will go for the XL.

But then the X800 XL does not have the oc'ing capability like the 6800GT.

Nikhil posted 1.52 minutes later:

@ Aces ----- Nice link......

Rockyme2002 said:
Hmmm..........if prices r about the same, wud go for the 6800GT ;)
no need to explain rite??? :p

BUt in India i guess the XL is aLoT cheaper.....
Hehe this the 512Mb x800xl we are talking abt which is too high priced imo, arnd 499$ sumthng ;) while the GT is at 360$ price point. It's a no brainer......... ;)
Though the 256Mb version of the x800xl is cheaper than the GT at arnd 295$

Yep 6600GT PCI express is still not near to $300.
Its AGP version that has dropped price.
PCi express X800XL is still like $70-80 cheaper.
And 512MB X800XL is selling for $450.
I can get X850XT ( NON PE ) for that price.

Pay 50$ more and you can get PE.

Nikhil posted 1.85 minutes later:

And X850 XT(non PE) itself beats the 512MB XL.......

I really wonder at ATi. Why have they released a 512MB card on such a platform.... why not a 512MB X850(Xt/nonXT, PE)????

Its cos a 512MB X850PE will cost atleast 700$ to produce and hence would cost the end user atleast 900$. Its the same as the 6800U 512MB prices. Thats just hilarious :)

Wht if i said Funky ;)

wel atleast he was thinkin off.....or i was smokin weed :S

BTW didnt knw tht discussion was bout a 512'er

but still it doesnt make sense to go for an XL with 512, whn the next-gen r upon us, nd those with even 256mb ram will outdo this1 ..........dnt come out blasing guns now....atleast it looks like.....

Benchies will only tell the real truth;)

Radeon X800 XL 512mb shows a dramatic increase in HL2. Maybe the next generation games will take advantage of the extra frame buffer, UE3 will definitely consider it.

Guys,
Consider the following.....
1) soon (about 6 months to a year from now) most of the mid to high end cards will come in 512 mb flavour.

2) the cost of the video rams is very high.

3) that model introduced by ATI is a "Test" model so to speak. depending upon the user feedback the cards having 512 mb rams will be optimised (especially the power circuitry and cooling). this is not a mainstream product yet. it only shows what we can expect in the near future with increased memory.
imho , these 512 mb x800 xl cards o/c well because it has its own auxillary power supply / connector as compared to the normal 256mb ones which lack these "extra" power.

^^ One of the main reasons why the 512MB cards are overclocking well is because they are based on the X850 PCB and obviously have better power regulating circuitry as well as the PCI-E connector. The also have the dual slot cooler. All this helps.

from the looks of it G70 should be out in retail by july. Not so sure about R520.. I have 2 SLI boards with me so thats one more thing to consider. Well lets see when time comes :)

funky are u gonna have extra space to carry something with u? if yes tell me. i might want to order something from amazon, so i can use my cc & send it to ur address in usa.

Back