RadMTNL - An advanced bandwidth monitoring tool for MTNL Delhi 749NU plan subscribers

RadMTNL - An advanced usage monitoring tool for MTNL Delhi 749NU plan subscribers

RadMTNL v1.0.0.3

I am an MTNL Delhi 749NU plan subscriber and rely on register.mtnldelhi.in for checking my usage details.

infernalProteus' excellent DataFox unfortunately never worked for my ip range so I felt the need to code my own bandwidth monitoring tool. This Windows app borrows ideas from his excellent firefox extension.

Please note that this will only work for you if you are on the same plan and use register.mtnldelhi.in to check your usage details.

Just click the app, It will prompt you once for the username and password and save it to an .ini file.
The app reads your login details from the RadMTNL.ini file so if you entered a wrong password/username, just delete the ini file and reload the app.

The login details are only sent to register.mtnldelhi.in and are not stored/sent anywhere other than the ini file created.

It will tell you your usage in a gui.

It also shows the daily average target usage calculated by 1280 / the no. of days of that month (leap year correction not added) as both text (the daily target indicates the daily average+surplus) and a small black meter below the usage progress bar.

20100423225243.png

The plot graph function does exactly that. It saves and reads data from a month log. The algorithm only updates the log till the previous day but the graph will take into account your current usage.
For the time being I have only restricted the graphing function to the current month.
20100423231116.gif

*Clicking anywhere on the graph will show a tootip of the day usage till that day.

I won't be responsible for any consequence of using this app.
Use at your own risk.

This is only an early release and I plan to add more functionality in the near future. Kindly post feedback if/not it works for you.

Attachments

• RadMTNL.zip
    215.6 KB · Views: 112
Re: RadMTNL - An advanced bandwidth monitoring tool for MTNL Delhi 749NU plan subscri

Very nice application bro . Why don't you make it able to use dataone.bsnl.in as an option for checking portal also

It'll be a boon for many frustrated BSNL customers

Anyways hatsoff to you

In this case the remixed version is much better than the original one :hap2::hap2:

Congrats

Re: RadMTNL - An advanced bandwidth monitoring tool for MTNL Delhi 749NU plan subscri

Thanks for your comments. :)

I don't know how dataone.bsnl.in works since I don't subscribe to it.

Moreso, you guys already have the DataFox extension. We poor souls who rely on register.mtnldelhi.in didn't have an alternative. :(

This was on my to do list since several months, but I finally sat down to code it two days back. :)

I would appreciate screenies from people who are on the same plan to know that it works for them before I try something else.

^ could you provide the source code please ; so that it might help other coders ...

good work.. although I am not a MTNL user.

Back