Budget 31-40k RAM and PC advice

mumble33

Recruit
For casual gaming at medium settings and as regular desktop.

Processor: (Need inbuilt graphics)
Intel i3 10105 3.7 GHz
Motherboard:
GIGABYTE B560M D3SH

Corsair Vengeance RAM is available at local shop, speed mentioned is 3600, processor supports only upto 2666. Will it run underclock or create any issues? Which model of 8gb to go for, whether have to check latency, etc?

Hope the above setup can withstand a decent gfx card.

Already having:
Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250 gb
WD Blue 1 tb
Seasonic S12II 520W
Corsair Carbide Spec3

The i3 10100 is a fine budget CPU. If your budget allows it, I'd recommend you opt for the i5 10400 for relative future proofing. You don't need to underclock your RAM for compatibility; though you're paying a premium for the faster memory and can't utilize it's full potential. I'd probably go for DDR4 3000/3200 Mhz CL16 and save about a grand on a 16 GB (2x8 GB) kit.

Edit: If light gaming is a requirement, you're much better off going with Ryzen APUs (processors with inbuilt graphics). Faster RAM (up to 3600 Mhz) will be key for optimal performance here.

Last edited:
For casual gaming at medium settings and as regular desktop.

Processor: (Need inbuilt graphics)
Intel i3 10105 3.7 GHz
Motherboard:
GIGABYTE B560M D3SH

Corsair Vengeance RAM is available at local shop, speed mentioned is 3600, processor supports only upto 2666. Will it run underclock or create any issues? Which model of 8gb to go for, whether have to check latency, etc?

Hope the above setup can withstand a decent gfx card.

Already having:
Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250 gb
WD Blue 1 tb
Seasonic S12II 520W
Corsair Carbide Spec3
You can try crucial rams. they are good. even kingston Fury is in stock online. they are better with xmp profiles (default oc). also why not try to get an ryzen apu ?

You can try crucial rams. they are good. even kingston Fury is in stock online. they are better with xmp profiles (default oc). also why not try to get an ryzen apu ?
I have been using two intel based system before. Hence the affinity. I am not getting fury locally.
Suggest a good apu, supporting mobo with nvme, and ram. Max budget for these 3 33k.

its better to stick with 2666mhz or 3000mhz . They will underclock to 2666 and work just fine. No point in spending extra on 3600mhz unless you are upgrading soon. But next upgrade should be to ddr5 IMHO. Order online from amazon- crucial, hyperx etc

Back