sekharsomu

Disciple
Yesterday i bought a Z570 laptop with following
Config:

i5 2.39z
3gb RAM 1333mMhz
640gb hard drive
15.6" inch screen

i asked him for 4gb RAM what he did was replaced the 1gb with 2gb RAM make it 2x2=4gb RAM
Later after coming home i found that the ram he replaced was 1066MHz

Which was different from the manufacturer gave So,does this cause any Significant performance Hassle
Shall leave it or shall i go back to him and ask to replace the RAM Plz Suggest...

It will cause both your rams to work at the lowest speed(1066Mhz in your Case). And the rams wont be able run in dual channel. It'll reduce your overall speed.

While upgrading rams you always should make sure that both the rams have the exact same specifications(Frequency, timings and voltage of operation). Most of the times to run the RAMs dual channel one has to replace the stick with a new pair.

yepp i talked to the dealer he has agreed to give back my original 1gb Lenovo ram
i'm reverting back to 3 GB Don't need any more risks

Btw,

when i tried to install xp this morning my new laptop came up with errors reported some malfunction in hard disk
while windows 2008 server was installed perfectly is there anything i have to worry abt

i have also observed that i have to force Shutdown in win 2008 server but working of my applications is fine
i still have to install win 7 and see any suggestion plz...

Does your xp has slistreamed sata drivers?

also u may find difficulties regarding other hardware of the laptop as newer laptops are intended to work with windows 7.

Back