PC Peripherals RAM detection problem

bejay

Disciple
Hey,
I have HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7571a Desktop PC and was trying to upgrade my RAM. I understand that the PC comes installed with DD2 - 533 PC2 - 4200 1GB RAM. Hence i ordered the same specification RAM but of KINGSTON make from the local computer store and trying to install, but the problem is that my computer now only detects new RAM but not the old RAM. Even if i swap the slots between the old and the new ram the final result is that it only detects new ram but not the old. If i test the old & new ram individually in the 2 available slots they perform without any dramas. but when i use them together it detects only new ram. I have checked over and over again that i have installed them properly and i don't get any error beeps during boot. and with both rams in the slots and with just one ram being detected windows does boot. Any solutions would be appreciated.
Thanks

BJ

OK guys,

here is the update on this problem

I went back to the local computer shop and told them about the problem, they said they can't fix it and gave me back my money. BTW now i'm in Australia.

So i went to another computer shop and spoke to this technician about the problem, so he suggested that i shud buy a higher freq RAM and use it since 1GB 533 DDR2 is not available in market anymore. So i asked him to make a suggestion and he sold me 1GB CORSAIR 800Mhz DDR2. I said that its a big diff but he turned around and said that he can down clock it for me. Now is that possible?? If so how?? Anyways i got home n tried the RAM, it got detected and boots to XP and the moment i initiate an application it restarts my computer. Need Immediate advice

Thanks again

The motherboard supports the following memory features:

240-pin DDR2-DIMMs
PC2-4200 (533 MHz) DDR2-SDRAM
PC2-5300 (667 MHz) DDR2-SDRAM
unbuffered, non-ECC (64-bit) DIMMs
1.8 V memory only
2.0 GB maximum installable memory
Does NOT support Dual Channel memory configurations

Note: The maximum memory figures quoted for each motherboard are based on the most current maximum HP-approved memory capacity for each motherboard.
While many of the motherboards' chipsets may support higher maximum memory, HP does not recognize maximum memory figures in excess of the approved limit
at this time.
check this out it surely would be of some use for u>>>
http://www.techport.info/reflib/motherboards/mbd_asterope3_memory.asp#about

http://www.techport.info/models/fall06/ap/m7571a.htm

techport.info

it will ask u for a usser name and a password
user name::thecomputer
password:::ispers0nal (remember no "o" it is a zero "0")

please dont buy a cosair for ur mobo it will result in a bottle neck

How did you know that the detected RAM is the new RAM?

And which version of windows are you using?

Try updating your drivers and BIOS.

But remember never again buy a HP product because they do give you innovation but with 0% of reliability.Buying a HP product is the same as buying a Chinese product.

Thank you

Back