PC Peripherals RAM for Vivobook S430UA

xkcd0137

Adept
My mom's laptop (Asus Vivobook S430UA) has 8GB DDR4 2400mhz ram i.e. 4 Soldered and 4 Sodimm. When she opens a few tabs i.e. Microsoft Teams, Whatsapp, 20+ tabs on Chrome, Captura, Skype, few Word docs, few Excel docs etc and then she forgets to close them.. haha!, the RAM usage shoots upto 6.8/7.8GB and laptop starts hanging.

Since, there is only single upradable RAM slot, I am thinking of adding a 16GB stick.

Which of these should be preferred?

AData 2666mhz CL19 ₹4784

Crucial 2666mhz CL19 ₹5028

HyperX 2400mhz CL14 ₹5450

Adata 2400mhz CL19 ₹5480

2666mhz rams are cheaper than 2400mhz ones so I'll rather get the former or should I prefer the CL14 one? Is adding a 16GB ram overkill and should I just add an 8GB stick?

Memory
Up to 16GB 2400MHz DDR4

I tried searching Asus website on whether this is 8+8 or 16 in each slot but that site is very bad for searching anything. Best option would be to run dxdiag and see the max memory that laptop cpu supports. If it cannot support more than 16GB total, then you're just wasting money buying a single 16GB stick.

Did you get a manual or anything with the laptop? Try searching Asus website for the laptop manual. Max allowed upgrade for memory must be mentioned in it somewhere.

Best option would be to run dxdiag and see the max memory that laptop cpu supports. If it cannot support more than 16GB total, then you're just wasting money buying a single 16GB stick.
I don't know whats wrong with the system as dxdiag didn't show me max memory supported but the Ram capacity already installed. Then I ran wmic memphysical get maxcapacity and it showed 64GB!! Also the 'Performance' tab under Task Manager shows 2 out of 4 slots occupied, but I have with my own eyes seen only a single slot available, so it should've been 2/2 (1 for soldered and 1 for sodimm) maybe.

I think I'll buy a 16gb stick which is returnavle, if it works then great otherwise 8GB then.

Back