RAM Price in TE Market

Why are used RAM's nowadays are priced closer to new RAM's.If i educate the Buyer then the mods give infraction :mad:.Potential buyers please check the price before buying.

I would say if there is a 200-300 rs differnece than its totally worth it , RAM's nowadays come with lifetime warranty (10 years i presume) or atleast 5 years of warranty when the product has such high warranty terms giving huge discounts does not make any sense to the seller , the buyer gets a RAM of his choice with 4-5 years+ warranty remaining at a cheaper rate than the market price , so i guess it does not make sense to give huge price drops over the market price .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Even i have suggested prices in various threads where i felt the pricing was pretty high i have not yet recieved a infraction. *touhwood :p*

DDR2 RAMS (the older ones) are actually costlier than new DDR3 RAMS... it is because of the cost of manufacturing of DDR3 is less and also DDR2s and no longer produced.. I think this is what u might have mistaken for 2nd hand ram being as costly as new ones

1GB DDR2 costs around Rs.1000-1200 from a decent company like transcend (800mhz)

2GB DDR3 costs around the same price and from same company but 1333mhz

oh and all transcend /kingston products have lifetime warranty

this Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 is byfar the most VFM RAM Ive seen till now..

Its an awesome card u can get for Rs2500, it has heatsinks and can be overclocked ...its clocked at a whooping 1600mhz @ stock settings :p

You are also harming the seller who thinks the price is correct. There was a time when some members used this opportunity to give false market rates in order to get the item at a much lower price. That was very harmful as any potential buyers were getting the wrong info from such posters.

If you think some one is really abusing this by asking very high rates, you can report the post and send a pm to any mods with the actual rates/links etc.

One post with current market rate suggestion (with a link to a valid source) should be ok in market threads. Theres no point if 10 people make the same post which could lead to infractions but otherwise it should be ok.

Well, apart from sukants reply, most of these prices that are there in the market, eg 4GB XMS3 for 1350 or G.Skill Snipers for 2650 were one day rates from prime. Was actually thinking these were market rates, even i said to others that the prices for new were less from prime. now the prices from prime have gone to 1750 for XMS3 4GB and 3200 for G.Skill Snipers 2x4GB, when i inquired last week.

So ppl who got it at existing rates and also at lower rates, will sell it for around 100~200 bucks less than market rates. simple. And we feel that they are overpriced.

Also, another point is that those who want to get rid of their stuff ASAP, will give low rates. I did the same, sold my 2x2GB XMS2 for 2500, despite having bought it for 3.85K. But buyers for such stuff are less, it might take some time to get rid of it.

Finally, I feel that after selling the item, some ppl remove the price for which they sold the item. This must be frowned upon, as if anyone wants to list a similar item, he can use the previous info as a guideline.

Back