PC Peripherals Ram question please..

Baron

Disciple
I bought a 512 transcend ddr for my 865 gbf...

My amd has 2x512 transcend 400

Now I decided to put the new 512 in my AMD but dint work & in fact shows me just 512 instead of 512x3

I noticed my previous 512x2 had chip's on both sides & the new one (jetram mentioned on chips) has only on one side, can someone tell me where I messed up ?:S

i don't think thats the issue ...... DS is compatible with SS ram ...... try to set the ram timings manually from BIOS ........

Another point to consider is that Socket 939 systems run on dual-channel memory i.e. installed RAM sticks should be in pairs. Putting in just a single stick, or mixing a pair of sticks running in dual-channel with a single stick usually creates problems.

To isolate that its not the new 512MB stick causing the problem, you could pull out one of the existing 512MB sticks and placing the new 512MB stick in its place.

NAAH I TRIED THAT, WHATEVER COMBINATION I PUT THE NEW ONE WITH ONLY ONE WORKS...

IF I PUT JUST ANY ONE IT WORKS OK, IF I PUT IN DUAL CHANNEL OR BOTH IN SAME CHANNEL (OLD 2X512) BOTH WAY IT WORKS, GUESS DS & SS IS CONFLICTING...

PS: OH BY THE WAY BEFORE ANYONE FLAMES...

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY
Posted Oct 22nd 2006 1:30PM by Evan Blass
Filed under: Misc. Gadgets

Ah, it's that wonderful time of year again: the leaves are changing, the air is getting crisp, and children everywhere are looking under their keyboards to see what treats they've scored in honor of International Caps Lock Day. Invented by greeting card companies to fill the void between Trafalgar Day and Mole Day, Caps Lock Day is the one occasion when lovers of capitalization can come together with the haters from CAPSoff and hack-a-day and pay homage to the little key that habitually blows up your spot when trying to type a lower-case "a." So go ahead, join in the fun, and make sure to annoy everyone on your buddy list by acting like a n00b and "shouting" all of your messages to celebrate this holiest of days.

Back