CPU/Mobo Random BSOD error after upgrading RAM

Manish4

Recruit
I have recently installed a new 4gb ram to my system a week back and everything was fine for a 2 days. Then i started getting an error saying AMD display adapter has failed. When i tried to uninstall the drivers, i got a BSOD. The PC was then unable to boot beyond the windows logo where i would get the BSOD error. ATI was the responsible driver and hence i removed the GPU and system booted properly.

However, i was still getting random BSOD - Kmode exception not handled, system exception error, memory management and others. I must have got atleast 5-6 BSOD in the last week. Ran Memtest+, sfc scannow, chkdsk and everything was fine. Also tried changing the RAM slots. The affected driver is ntoskrnl.exe

Finally, i upgraded the BIOS to latest version which is now causing the system to freeze if i have 8 gb ram installed. Further, since the BIOS upgrade i am getting high temperature readings for CPU idling at around 60 to 75C.

My Config:
i5 2400
Intel DH67BL (latest bios)
4 x 4 GB RAM Kingston (1333 Mhz)
ATI XFX HD 5770
2 TB HDD (1 + 1) both WD
Coolermaster GX 450W

Also, CPU Z shows my new Kinston RAM as Transcend in SPD

Removing the GPU is allowing me to boot into windows but i am still getting random Bsod after using the system for a few hours.

Could the new ram be an issue?

Tried that long ago but it didnt start. Now pc refuses to boot with 2 rams. All the fans keep restarting.

i have formatted my pc and presently running with one ram only (old) . Temperatures are fine and gpu is also working.

The timings of both the RAM are matching i was using it without any issues for the first 2 days. However as i mentioned above, CPU Z shows the new kingston RAM as Transcend. I havent tried with only the new ram. Will do that tonight.

The PC was working fine with the old ram for over a week. I then replaced the old ram with the new one and am getting BSOD errror.

Back