Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

I wonder why they pulled out the Clip Zip. I ordered mine 10 days ago through ICCworld. They said it is in transit and will reach me in 1-2 days (they said that 3 days ago :S). I hope there is nothing wrong with the Clip Zip considering the way it has been pulled off Amazon.

^ It might have been pulled off due to stock issues or probably some other technical glitch(unlikely). Last I had a word with Gautam @ Pristine Note he said SanDisk does not have enough stock for its US market itself , so getting it here for a good price at the launch looks difficult.

I don't think it's a technical glitch. Some of the CZs were RMA-ed, some of them got shipped with Mini USB cable. But, in general, I'd say these complaints still would fall within the 'tolerance limit' compared to whatever they managed to sell. The reason can only be speculated upon unless Amazon announces / replies to somebody's mail.

I just got my Clip Zip from Amazon. Lets see if there is something wrong with it. The cable seems to be fine on my unit. I hope it goes well with my PL-30 :)

FaH33m said:
^ Try sending one , your are most probably going to end up with a standard set of replies . :p

No harm in trying :p

@baccilus,

That's what baffles me. The last few orders fulfilled by Amazon just seem to be working fine and were with the correct cable. I am just curious as I've never seen an entire product line taken down before.

Probably, they are upgrading the entire line to support this? They won't, but nothing stops me from day dreaming. Isn't it? :D

^^ Deal is ...

Want To Sell Sony EX1000 Earphones.. Brand new set.. Got it as a gift from a friend.. Anyone keen kindly PM me your contact number and offer.. Trade with only JH16pro otherwise only selling.. Thanks..

My account too took a very long time to get approved.

Congrats! Welcome to the club :eek:hyeah:

I am looking forward to your review / mini-review once you get them and spend sometime with them, especially about RE262 vs EX-1000. I think you might want to keep both of them considering they are different, but you never know.

Hey santhosh i have a query....

Do a seller has to quote original price during shipping if we are bound by paypal protection(3% fee)...cant i get it undervalued

As far as I know, Paypal protection applies to whatever amount you transferred via Paypal. I don't think it has to do with customs declaration. Paypal (without eBay) mostly concerns itself with whether the item is received by you or not (not even if the item is in the stated condition or otherwise).

^^ Just make sure it's shipped with tracking. Usually, I get it within 2 weeks most of the time, should be a day or two less for you.

That review may or may not come at all. Although I haven't openly said it, for all practical purposes RE-272 could be my last review for sometime to come i.e., till I get interested in writing a review again. Too sick and tired of doing more 'hearing' and 'analyzing' than listening to music. Not that I've given up on IEMs or anything, just don't feel like writing about it any more.

There are two reasons why people keep quiet about their setup - either it's very good or very bad. I am luckily in the former category and would like to keep it that way for sometime at least. I am focusing more on the source side of things these days as well as trimming up my collection. We all need time to unwind a bit :)

Back