Rang De Basanti In Imdb Top 250 - Petition

Hey guys

This is an excellent opportunity to finally push a Hindi movie into the IMDB top 250, and that too when it needs all that Oscar Buzz.

Rang De Basanti is currently rated 8.6/10 on IMDB with 3100 votes. Generally such a high rating would guarantee it a place in the top 250 but IMDB needs a higher number of votes for a movie to be placed in Top 250. RDB is already about 450th in IMDB top 500 according to IMDBPro users.

As this is one of the largest Indian forums, we can make a significant difference by voting for this movie in IMDB. This would ensure that there is atleast one Hindi movie in the Top 250.

The following is the movie's IMDB link.

Rang De Basanti (2006)

To vote you can click directly on the following url (if you have an IMDB user account)

http://www.imdb.com/rg/title-tease/r...405508/ratings

Otherwise you can create a free user account by clicking here:

Register at IMDb.com

IMDB top 250 is the most highly respected list amongst top movie lists.

I am in no way personally affiliated with this movie but it has a special place in my heart as it has had a direct impact on a lot of current issues (especially the reservation issue).

Also, please do post this petition on other Indian boards and forums etc as well so that more and more Indians vote for this.

You could also vote for the following highly rated but low voted Indian movies if you like them:

Black - Black (2005)

Swades - Swades (2004)

Lagaan - Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India (2001)

Dil Chahta Hai - Dil Chahta Hai (2001)

Lage Raho Munnabhai - Lage Raho Munnabhai (2006)

Company - Company (2002)

Omkara - Omkara (2006)

The reason why Rang De Basanti is not in TOP 250 is that the movie does not have the 'weighted rating' from TOP VOTING members of IMDB.

The formula for calculating the Top Rated 250 Titles gives a true Bayesian estimate:

weighted rating (WR) = (v ÷ (v+m)) × R + (m ÷ (v+m)) × C

where:
R = average for the movie (mean) = (Rating)
v = number of votes for the movie = (votes)
m = minimum votes required to be listed in the Top 250 (currently 1300)
C = the mean vote across the whole report (currently 6.8)

for the Top 250, only votes from regular voters are considered.

These are the members who have been voting since IMDB started

do Not Waste Your Time Registering And Voting... Because Unless You Vote For 1300 Other Movies, Your Vote Isn't Gonna Count To Bring It Into Top 250

Source - email

Akshit, thats because IMDB uses some kinda weird formula for Top 250 which has not been revealed so that people can't game the system. However it is in top 500 according to imdbpro users so we just need some more votes before it gets into 250 which will be a significant achievement for a hindi movie.

So vote and spread the message around on other boards.

thexfactor ... we meet again :D

privatepyle82 said:
So vote and spread the message around on other boards.
there's no point in registering and voting. Did you not read this?
for the Top 250, only votes from regular voters are considered.

These are the members who have been voting since IMDB started

do Not Waste Your Time Registering And Voting... Because Unless You Vote For 1300 Other Movies, Your Vote Isn't Gonna Count To Bring It Into Top 250

been rating the movies in imdb for past 2 months, hve a rating history of 35 movies:p. But 1200 movies are overkill.

I don't think you need 1300 movies. But you do need to be a regular. Let me tell you guys, if you want to vote for a movie, vote for this one:

Gunda (1998)

If you want to watch it first, please PM me, or go to google videos where it is streamed.

Do not be put off by the cast, I promise you if you watch this, you will enjoy yourself to an extent you have never even dreamed was possible.

RDB deserves to be in the Top 250 more than any other hindi movie released recently, even Munnabhai. So i'll be voting and encouraging others to do so as well. Thanks for the heads up.

KingKrool said:
I don't think you need 1300 movies. But you do need to be a regular. Let me tell you guys, if you want to vote for a movie, vote for this one:
Gunda (1998)
If you want to watch it first, please PM me, or go to google videos where it is streamed.
Do not be put off by the cast, I promise you if you watch this, you will enjoy yourself to an extent you have never even dreamed was possible.

i bet it has to dowith mithunda

Back