Android (Rant) Android 13 is a rubbish OS.

Okay, even more rant incoming. There is no way to see what devices are connected to my 5g hotspot. So no way to view or block any device. Apparently Google says it's for our safety. :rolleyes:
You don't see MAC addresses of the connected devices? I think that functionality is there since kitkat lollipop days.

To maximise battery life I disable many "automatic" features like auto brightness level, lift or tap to wake screen so that light sensor or shudder front camera always on to detect outside brightness to adjust screen brightness wastes battery.

Similar touchscreen capacitative sensor or accelerometer or gyto always on to detect taps or lift to wake screen.

You don't see MAC addresses of the connected devices? I think that functionality is there since kitkat lollipop days.
No. Now it only shows this:

Wi-Fi Hotspot
1 device connected
If we tap on it, it goes to show settings to turn off the hotspot, hotspot name etc. They removed all the useful stuff from previous Android versions in this unlucky version.

To maximise battery life I disable many "automatic" features like auto brightness level, lift or tap to wake screen so that light sensor or shudder front camera always on to detect outside brightness to adjust screen brightness wastes battery.

Similar touchscreen capacitative sensor or accelerometer or gyto always on to detect taps or lift to wake screen.
Yes, I've disabled these too. Even reduced the number of installed apps on the device or paused unused apps. I even installed Naptime to make the device go into deep sleep most of the time. Yet there is some 4% battery use per hour.

Edit: according to Naptime, the screen is coming on by itself, probably some app or notifications even though I've set wake screen to off.
Image7761160587439781677.jpg

Last edited:
I have used phones will all OS right from 90s till date..
Ios is good for stock people. I liked windows way better and Android is a deal-breaker killer any day only if you know how to tweak it and resort to great ample available custom roms!

Example: location is always on. If I switch it off, I get a message that Google won't be able to find my device if I turn it off and location is required by that find my device app and others. So - Google is saying keep it stays on so they can find your device. But, when the device is locked, anyone can turn the location and internet offn without pin or fingerprint access. Wtf? And there is no option to disable the quick tile drop-down in lockscreen.
This option was present in A8.1. Now not there.
Google service keeps locatin on which is the primary cause for frequent battery drains. Root and patching google services resolves this. However, now on custom roms this issue has bee take care off!

Another problem - when you connect the phone to the computer to transfer files, a notification used to pop up in A8.1 asking you what to do. Now nothing. You have to go to settings and hunt down the USB option to tether or allow data transfer. (⁠╯⁠°⁠□⁠°⁠)⁠╯⁠︵⁠ ⁠┻⁠━⁠┻
YOu just have to expand notification and you will get 3 or 4 options to select for usb....this can also e seta s default in settings somewhere...depends from rom-rom..

Same with wifi hotspots. You have to go into settings and turn it on. No quick tile or any shortcut. . Okay, I searched through the tile s and found a hotpot tile and also tiles for the vpn.

VPN - when you connect through VPN I can't find out where to disconnect it. It's not there in notification shade or drop-down. It only shows a key in status bar. No way to quickly connect or disconnect VPN.

The brightness slider doesn't show till you pull down the entire notification shade.
Its all in the quick tiles..just select edit and you will find ample of options..

Quick tiles are huge for no good reason. Could have put 8 buttons in ther place the 4 tiles show.
I agree! Small was better but A13 F*D it all.. Miui has option to toggle between old and new interface.

This A13 is a piece of junk horrible OS compared to Android 8.1. Everything is really hard to do. Things that we could do in 2 taps previously now take 2 minutes or more. I'm probably going to get mad typing in other things when I find them.
Custom is the way to go...bliss and peace! Pixel is plain trash just like any.
But if you flash custom Pixel stock rom it doesnt have all these issues...

Because of such small nuances, I avoid phone with stock android for myself. But for most people, I do recommend it because they don't pay such close attention to detail as you or I do. My flatmate bought Pixel 6a as upgrade over OP6, he is happy.
Custom roms are best if one feels stock OS sucks!

Even I have to swipe down notification shade completely to open brightness slider. I'm sure these apply to MIUI & all BBK phones as well.
Correct!

I was going to post a similar rant. You are comparing Pixel OS with MIUI though. Android versions don't have much to do with it. MIUI is light years ahead of pixel os. I have written it several times here already how super basic is pixel operating system. I was shell shocked when I first started using pixel based operating system on my phone. It was too much to adjust after coming from the comforts of the MIUI. Pixel OS feels like kitkat compared to other android skins.
Correct! Miui is 110% better than pixel.
Okay, even more rant incoming. There is no way to see what devices are connected to my 5g hotspot. So no way to view or block any device. Apparently Google says it's for our safety. :rolleyes:
I tried searching they Play Store for any app that will create a good WiFi hotspot but none work properly. There was one but it created only the default hotpot in 5.80GHz band which my other devices can't see.

The phone loses battery like a dam with holes in it. I put accubattery and apparently the Google app consumed 4% per hour out of total 8%/ hr. I disabled it and other apps I didn't have any use for and the phone still lost around 4% battery per hour. Turns out even after disabling, the Google app still consumed 2%/hr. :mad: Horrible app.

Same with the display. Even with AOD off it is the biggest battery hog. Maybe it doesn't turn off completely even though it's an OLED screen. Horrible phone imo. Have to charge this 2 times a day.
AOD is trash! Its all showoff shit and for those who doesn't care about battery life. I always keep it off!
Long press on Hotspot tile and you will find its settings and relative details.

Google services =themselves conserve hell lot of battery and they all are hidden. Even if you look into battery stats it will always appear normal.
Go to App Permissions and manually tweak as in adjust permission based on your choice. Pain at first but peace later...
Yes, I've disabled these too. Even reduced the number of installed apps on the device or paused unused apps. I even installed Naptime to make the device go into deep sleep most of the time. Yet there is some 4% battery use per hour.

Edit: according to Naptime, the screen is coming on by itself, probably some app or notifications even though I've set wake screen to off.
View attachment 164358
Dude al;ways keep Battery saver on and then observe the change and then do what I said earlier...

Last edited:
torrents involve tons of read/write. wouldn't recommend torrents on a phone's main storage. Get a phone with removable storage, you can chuck the micro SD card when it gets corrupted.

Even I have to swipe down notification shade completely to open brightness slider. I'm sure these apply to MIUI & all BBK phones as well.

I think there is some way to change that. Don't know exactly. Mine is also a Samsung with latest One UI and brightness slider is just one swipe down.

Also since I have a power button fingerprint sensor there's an option to use that for swiping up and down on notification bar. Don't know if it comes with devices having in display sensor.

Back