Rant: Authenticity of Protein Supplements, Prostar whey protein from healthXP.

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
I'm not a bodybuilder not even remotely aspiring. i just do basic workout to keep myself fit.
Since some time i was taking protein supplements, to match up my protein requirement. Which i generally order from bodybuilding in bulk for 6-9 month in one-shot.
I was away form workout for 7-8 month in 2018, and resumed workout back in Nov 2018. in that non workout period i had stopped taking supplements as well, which i resumes again with workouts.
I had one full pack of my supplement ( some blend protein form muscletech, i would rather not name here) procured from bb.com which was in use since nov.

Everyone seems to be mad about prostar due to the price in india, so i thought to save some money and try this. and dec-mid, i ordered ultimate nutrition - prostar whey from HealthXP as bb.com don't stock this, and amazon.in had 1200/- inflated price
Delivery took 9 days in free delivery option. (bb.com took max 10-11 days as per my experience since 2013 in their general delivery ). I don't think i will be ordering from helthXp again.

As instructed in the box, checked the product for authenticity, seal etc.. all looked good outside, but the protein powder itself looks suspicious to me. here are my thought after a week of use:
  1. the powder is not free-flowing, but rather sticky. ( looks like deliberately moisture is left to increase the weight).
  2. my flavour, cookies n' cream is awfully sweet, the only taste i can feel is SWEET - a lot of sweet. And no other taste. The taste is very much resemble to glucon-d (original, green packet), and the mixabilty is not as good as other i have tried till date. be it BSN, universal, twinlabs and certainly not even close to muscletech - my last used product.
  3. after shaking vigorously, few undissolved particle i can see settling down in the glass bottom... suspecting its some kind of adulteration/filler ?
  4. I feel my energy level has dropped since i started this.. i don't know how to measure and prove this, but i can feel it.
Since this brand claim to be the best seller in India, can someone who using this brand shed some light on this ? im very much eager to know any observation/statement related to my point #2 & #3.

i just wanted to know if i have been duped ? or prostart taste and mix like this only ?
And how credible is healthXp ?

and for those who are thinking to try prostar, please think twice. for me its a piece of shit, if its authentic what i received. Or i have finally became a victim of fake supplement.

==============
was trying to upload my unboxing video.. its over 600megs, hence posting image, hope this will provide some visibility.

zIFk2Y0.jpg

ja1mVqW.jpg

Scww3yF.jpg

sLMFmMD.jpg

P6TThEy.jpg

fjeEcrR.jpg

52InuI6.jpg

Last edited:
This is 100% duplicate. Never seen a protein powder with such texture. Don't take it anymore and risk yourself. Better return it or throw away

I am also a casual gym goer. Only weights, 3 times a week.

Gave up on whey protein. Now its red meat every day. Haven't felt the need for extra nutrition.

Saves money too. My whole month's supply of meat comes under Rs 2000 (4-5 kgs).

I've tried myfitfuel, seems good indian brand, not good in mixability department

Now on Himalaya Quista Pro, the one brand which I have trusted for Ayurvedic stuff and it seems good. Buying only from cloudtailindia

Myprotein.in UK brand have lot of good reviews, delivery time spoils the deal. In pipeline will order by month end

Apart from supplements, I also take chicken

I've tried myfitfuel, seems good indian brand, not good in mixability department

Now on Himalaya Quista Pro, the one brand which I have trusted for Ayurvedic stuff and it seems good. Buying only from cloudtailindia

Myprotein.in UK brand have lot of good reviews, delivery time spoils the deal. In pipeline will order by month end

Apart from supplements, I also take chicken

Himalaya Quista Pro, t has Ashwaghandha. Not sure but I read somewhere Shilajit and Ashwhaghandha should not be consumed regularly or for more than 90 days.

Last edited:
Himalaya Quista Pro, t has Ashwaghandha. Not sure but I read somewhere Shilajit and Ashwhaghandha should not be consumed regularly or for more than 90 days.
Nah. Wrong info. Advisable to take for 90 days, but not that it should not be consumed. Infact for gym goers, gokshura, Ashwagandha and Shilajit are recommended for naturally develop body

I'm not a bodybuilder not even remotely aspiring. i just do basic workout to keep myself fit.
Since some time i was taking protein supplements, to match up my protein requirement. Which i generally order from bodybuilding in bulk for 6-9 month in one-shot.
I was away form workout for 7-8 month in 2018, and resumed workout back in Nov 2018. in that non workout period i had stopped taking supplements as well, which i resumes again with workouts.
I had one full pack of my supplement ( some blend protein form muscletech, i would rather not name here) procured from bb.com which was in use since nov.
Ever tried stopping the supplements while you are on workout routine?

These ayurvedic ingredients are proven to be a natural testosterone booster, not by a huge margin, but marginal benefit.
Actually, the tests have not shown any categorically significant increase in testosterone after consumption of these herbs.
On the other hand, it has been found that these herbs do sometimes lead to increase in libido.

So, what it appears to be is that these herbs increase libido via other mechanism, not increase of testosterone.

Back