.RAR Files....

Nikhil

Skilled
Hi Guys,

I have some .RAR files. I use WINRAR to extract them. But the problem is when it is 'done', I get a message saying that the disk space is not enough. But there is plenty of space on that drive to accomodate the extracted files.

How do I extract these .RAR files with no problem???

I have enough space in C. I have 5 GB of free space while the total file downloaded is only of 780MB. And each .RAR file is 48MB. I am not able to extract even the first file. There are 17files of 47 MB each.

maybe u dont have all the rar files. usually 47mb rar files are of a dvd image. so maybe u havent got all the files of the dvd yet.
if it was a cd it would have been 14mb each file. i doubt any1 will release a 780mb release with 47mb filesize of each file.

or otherwise u could simply have low space. try getting the new version of winrar also n try.

@rocky --- I am extracting it to C drive itself.

And stormblast --- I have not got the all the 17 files. I have got abt 16 files(fully). The 17th file is still incomplete.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol......how will it extract if not all files r complete :huh: :p
Complete it nd thn let us knw if u get the prob again ..:rofl: :cool2:

But shouldn't the file that is complete extract properly???

I am not DUMB. I tried extracting a file which is completed....

Hmm....didnt say u were eithr:p

But wht am saying is for eg: i hav cme across files which r splitted nd .rar-ed
these files whn extracting r fixed into the single file (eg .bin)

so untill u hav all the files it wont cme out ....

correct me if am wrong thou:)

The program will check the stability of the entire archive and extract the data mate. You need all the files, wait for the download to complete.

OK guys.... thanks a lot for your replies....

I assumed that out of 17 files if 16 files have completed, I can extract them without waiting for the 17th file to finish.

Thanks anyway......

it is not possible ever cos the file is a splitted file.
Even in a splitted zip it will first check whether the first and last files are there.

Back