Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

It is a remake of Vedam, telugu, I have seen it. It really different movie !

Any more suggestions

which are good among following, can anyone rate them :

Nandha 2001 - Simple story,good screen play,Great movie.

Pithamagan 2003 - simply awesome.

Naan Kadavul 2009 - has a cinematography of art movie . IMO movie was okish.

Madrasapattinam 2010 - this movie should have got national award instead of "Aadukalam". don't miss it.

Avan Ivan 2011 - okish.

Have you seen Vaanam? Please watch it.

Do you guys know / understand Tamil or watch with sub titles.

asking cos thought other than their native language people generally watch Hindi and English language movies.

Also any tamil movie suggestions ?

comedy genre

siva manasula sakthi (SMS)

boss engira baskaran.

Yeah I know Tamil and can converse fluently. But I suppose with proper subtitles, it shouldn't be much of an issue. I mean I don't know Telugu but managed to watch a couple of movies and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Just like those French, Swedish and Korean movies.

Yes!
<

#[member='Rico'] - Thank you very much for quick rating man ! BTW I am Karnataka though I understand little Tamil. However wouldn't mind watching without subs. Telugu I understand quite well. I always prefer Southie movies before Hindi. I feel these movies are more connecting & realistic to our way of living [South part of India], but most of them will be always college-love-romance crap. But good movies are very enjoyable compared to any hindi movies. Also no good movies in Hindi currently, except Travel Agent Vinod
<
And even they are ripping south movies now.

Finally aaaahhh...Star Wars Saga Completed. Watched like I->II->III->IV->V->VI Should have watched like original than prequel. :\ Watching 4th 5th 6th was such a pain in the a$$(Effects and stuff).

the thread it about movies , i believe language dosn't matter. unless we are discuss on p0rn. or does it?
gap.gif

P0rn is language-neutral. It is one thing that does not need a subtitle, can have bad plots, corny dialogues, can have many goofs (like shadow of the camera man on the actors)... yet, connects to the audience much better than main stream. It transcends our narrow minded ratings and discussion.

OTOH, I don't see any point in discouraging the handful posts on Tamil/Telugu movies in a near 600 page thread. We do see many posts about movies in languages almost nobody understands (Japanese / Korean and so on....). As long as it's about movies - both good and bad, I don't see the point about language restrictions in a discussion.

P0rn is language-neutral. It is one thing that does not need a subtitle, can have bad plots, corny dialogues, can have many goofs (like shadow of the camera man on the actors)... yet, connects to the audience much better than main stream. It transcends our narrow minded ratings and discussion.

or does it?
gap.gif

I meant the excat samething. With little sarcasm.

OTOH, I don't see any point in discouraging the handful posts on Tamil/Telugu movies in a near 600 page thread. We do see many posts about movies in languages almost nobody understands (Japanese / Korean and so on....). As long as it's about movies - both good and bad, I don't see the point about language restrictions in a discussion.

<
Dude read my post again. Did I say anything about a separate thread or language restrictions.

I quoted your post, agreed with you and you face palm. Nice!!

The problem is the second para was directed towards no one, the first was an extension to your quote. Didn't know that I am not entitled to express my own opinion on the subject. Sorry for the interruption. Now, continue...

To make this post relevant to the thread.....

A Separation - 7.5/10

I've not watched any Iranian movies, barring the a portion of "The White Balloon" on TV. I am used to lot of visual brilliance, weird story lines, people who are abnormal or normal people finding themselves in extra ordinary circumstances - none of which applies to 'Separation'. It felt more like watching a family drama with lot of dialogue. OTOH, it was much more grounded. Normally, we all are shades of grey and in most situations, there's a blurring line between right and wrong depending on which side you are looking from. In my experience, sometimes, the more you know about both sides, the more confusing it gets to separate a very clear 'right' and 'wrong' overall. That is what appealed to me about this movie.

Any other Iranian movie recommendations?

The best line I ever read on TE, spot on saar
happy55.gif

#[member='Gannu'] - seeing Vaanam, on youtube. 720p !! I like it, mainly because of Prakash Raj. Btw this is my first movie of STR, he overacts sometimes, but not bad though. Even in Telugu, Allu Arjun overacts. There was a thread in TE everyone bashing STR & laughing on him, I never got it why
tongu23e.gif

if anyone wants to watch movie :

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMiuD1_CxSc[/media]

I watch southie movies dubbed in Hindi sometimes and they are extremely enjoyable.

They are just so damn larger than life and grand, it's awesome. And they come with the guarantee of a happy ending with the good guy (big moustache) kicking the crap out of the bad guy (small moustache or no moustache depending on how evil he is).

The plots are ridiculous with the hero almost always going through some sort or spiritual or literal rebirth but somehow it never feels lame.

Back