Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Re-Watched 'Talaash: The Answer Lies Within' liked it when it was released and liked it now.

Looking for Above Suspicion, Rear Window, Village of the Damned (All Chistopher Reeve) and Village of the Damned 1960 older one.

Last edited:
I watched Sam Bahadur yesterday and it wasn't up to my expectations. I have known about Manekshaw since 2021 and I think he's an unknown legend that contributed a LOT to the military. We would have probably lost Kashmir and more if he didn't get where he was. I also think his life is a perfect story to create a movie on because it is just a huge rollercoaster ride and something people would think was fictional.

But to me the movie managed to butcher the story by taking it and cutting it down into apparently randomly selected bits to be presented onto the screen. I understood that they wanted to highlight his character and his achievements - being smart, charming, aware, and a REALLY f**king good general. But in doing that they cut the war out of the war movie because 75% of the movie, unlike Dunkirk or Jarhead or any famous western war movies, is spent in his house talking to his wife, having a child, etc. At the start of the movie they give you a random scene about some baby who I'm pretty sure didn't grow up to be manekshaw and was one of his siblings (none of which are ever brought up again in the entire movie). That isn't the only scene where they show you something and then transition away quickly, this happens time and time again without leading on i.e the aftermath of Yaya Khan losing the war. Also, the actor for Siloo (manekshaws wife) felt a bit bland with the emotions, I genuinely struggled to muster any emotions

That is a general summary of my issues with the movie. It isn't all negative because the movie didn't have some cringe romantic dance with unnecesary drama and deaths and explosions (michael bays legacy still plagues the movie scene), the one music scene was cleverly fit into the soldier's chanting which made it much more realistic and bearable.

But judging by the IMDb rating of 8.3, I seem to be one of the very few people who think this movie isn't exception. What do you guys think?

Leo - 8/10 I wasn't expecting it to be that good, the opening location looks awesome and the hyena scene is great though bit unrealistic. My expectation was an action masala movie and I wasn't disappointed. What I liked about it less usage of VFX where everything looks so unreal with all computer generated graphics (not saying VFX was absent, its there but quite well done)

Dhak Dhak - 9/10

Hatke movie and a must watch to encourage woman biking and culmination of their typical life struggles.
Would say its altogether a different adventure.

Vickida no varghodo (Gujrati), Shu Thayu (Gujrati) both are Comedy and good time pass movie can watch with family

Naal (नाळ) Good Marathi Movie can watch with family

Boyz 4 Marathi movie, didn't like it, it's not as good as (1, 2 & 3rd Part) (avoid all part to watch while children's/ladies around you, loads of double meaning dialogues)

Said goodbye to OTT/Web series after watching Paatal Lok & Samantar good story line/acting/direction etc. but just can't watch with family

Drishyam 1 & Drishyam 2 good movies that can watch with frailly without hesitation.

Lost in Translation - 7/10

This movie perfectly captured the feeling of being in a foreign land without any prior exposure. You'd think you'll do just fine with the cultural differences but there will always be things that will make you feel in a very weird way when you actually experience the culture first hand.

Movies I've watched this month:

Saltburn - 9.5/10. Loved it.
Starship Troopers - 8/10. Rewatched it after learning the director's intention was to parody Heinlein's pro-fascist book. The Nazi uniforms make sense now. In the end, I think they made the movie too much fun to make it a proper anti-war film.
Fargo - 7.5/10. A classic that holds up reasonably well.
Talk to Me - 4/10. Boring.
The Voices - 7.5/10. Finally, a dark comedy that is actually rather dark. Enjoyable.

Back