PC Peripherals rates of dvd writer !!is DVD popular

arund22

Recruit
hi guys
i wud like to know the rates of a good n affordable dvd writer .....n is it best to buy one now ....or shd i wait for better ones to come.....IS DVD becomin popular????

last i checked the plextor one (which is one of the best) single layer was going for 5k. Can give you exact price tomorrow.. along with others.
DVD writers are getting very popular. I am afraid the standard of technology is still not fixed. You have the choice dual layer ones and i reccomend you get that only. If you in US go for it. Otherwise if you In India hang around a bit and wait for it to make a entry. Esp at a cheaper rate brackt.
BTW exact price i will confirm tomorrow.

Well yes DVD is the in thing with prices slashing down every quarter or so.
Dual layer DVDs is the option to go for since it offers double the data storage than normal single layer dvd. whats best is that you can get for almost the same price.
The price is between 4.5 to 5K

Went to a big computer expo here.
Must say the prics have really fallen.
here are some freash prices
LG single layer for 2250RS....(Wow) And this is dvd writer 8X
Benq dual layer writer - 4300+dinner set free (otherwise minus 500 ) :)
sony dual layer dvd writer 5.2k. Model number not too sure.
I will confirm tomorrow again. The prices ar confirmed. I forgot the model numbers.

The benq has been rated best value by cdfreaks. It looks good at that price i must say.
Check the review here

Drive type CD-RW/ DVD+RW

CD/DVD enclosure type Internal

Interface type IDE/EIDE

Read speed 40x (CD) / 12x (DVD)

Write speed 16x (CD) / 8x (DVD+R) / 8x (DVD-R)

Rewrite speed 10x (CD) / 4x (DVD+RW) / 2x (DVD-RW)

Supported formats DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, Kodak PhotoCD, CD-DA, CD-XA, CDi, CD-Bridge, Video CD, Mount Rainier

Min operating system Windows 98 / 2000 / Me / XP; Mac OS 8.X / 9.X (Special software required)

Service/ Support 2 years full replacement warranty.

btw if in Mumbai prices will be a lot cheaper then this. Make it atleast 200 cheaper.
Benq disadvantage is the slow read cd speeds.

oh yea, benq rox, or u can go for pioneer too
priced about 5.5k for 16x (??)
i dont quite remember the exact model number..

stay AWAY from that samsung and LG crap

I prefer SONY when it comes to Writers and CD Drives ! Coz, its the best in Qulaity and cost !
You can opt for that, but you may find it bit costly than others. You can also take the opinions of other who posted here.

sony cd and DVD writers are a class apart, same goes for Lite-On, but as already mentioned, a bit priecy compaired to others

Currently the best available writers are the Benq DW1620 and NEC ND3500A/3520A. The older plextor writer (PX-712A) was very good but the new 16X writer (PX-716A) sux. Stay away from the sony (rebadged liteon 1633S) as well. It has horrendous write quality to DVD-R media. Personally I have an NEC ND3500A and I'm very very happy with it. Burnt around 100 discs and not a single coaster. Plus excellent PI/PO scans.

Back