PC Peripherals Razer Deathadder or Razer Abyssus

vivacious_tg

Skilled
Hi all,

Planning to buy my first gaming mouse & narrowed my search to Razer Abyssus & Death adder.

Both have same 3500 dpi but have some feature differences.

Features I liked in Deathadder as compared to Abyssus -
Extra side buttons
braided cable

Features I liked in Abyssus as compared to Deathadder -
Ambidextrous
Swiches in the back to change DPI
Cost

I believe many of TE members have used various gaming mice & now I need your expert advice :eek:hyeah: ..

My questions are..
1) is it worth to spent extra 800- 1000 for deathadder ?
2)The DPI buttons at the bottom of Abyssus are of any use , I mean to say can we play games at 450 , 1800 or 3500 dpi settings ? as far as I know a normal mouse is of 600-800 dpi & may be 1800 is good for gaming.450 is too low & 3500 is too sensitive.
3) do you observe any accidental clicks in deathadder side buttons & do they interfere in gaming
Thanks in advance for your inputs...:)

vivacious_tg said:
Features I liked in Deathadder as compared to Abyssus -
Extra side buttons
braided cable

Features I liked in Abyssus as compared to Deathadder -
Ambidextrous
Swiches in the back to change DPI

DA is also ambidextrous & has a switch in the back to change DPI. both of these are software-driven features. but yes, DA is more expensive

HTH
Ankush

get the deathadder....I have a diamondback 3g, used a deathadder, lachesis, krait....

The deathadder feels really really nice and the programmable buttons are insanely handy...Abyssus seems very basic to me.....Deathadder is a very popular mouse, you cant go wrong with it ever and it looks darn killer too...

I dont know if you get the Imperator in India, but thats supposed to be even better than the deathadder but since its your first gaming mouse...I think you should stick with the the DA....worth the extra price...hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for your suggestions guys.......

@ankush,

I believe the switch at the back is for changing profiles...do profiles have predefined values for dpi.

check it out...all the values that you see on screen can be saved in profiles 1 through 5, which can be cycled by pressing the button
67698185.png

Scorpy said:
what games will you be playing please tell us that first .... i mean games where aim is the main thing like cs

I am going to play - Far cry , far cry 2 , call of duty , bioshock 1 & 2 , & last crysis

It actually depends on the type of game you play,Razer recommended FPS mouses are Deathadder and Abyssus in my opinion.Deathadder is good for headshots due to the good drift control.Abyssus has quick clicking so you would be a gunshot ahead of your enemies.If you play FPS,i recommend you to buy Deathadder.Think about it.Headshots VS extra shots-Headshots have an instant death in many games.So if you headshot,1 bullet is enough to kill an enemy.But i dont really care about hitting extra bullets on enemies.Because sometimes even if you shoot the enemy more bullets,you might still die because of the guns.But for headshot,there is nothing to question about it.It is a fact that in FPS games,blowing of a head will cause immediate death with just A bullet.And think about this too,extra bullets like you shoot 3 extra bullets at the enemy,really does not cause much effect.But headshot is effective.Extra bullets shot on an enemy makes you 70% chance to kill,but headshot is always 99-100%And fun facts here-Deathadder has buttons on the side AND a small ergonomic grip under the buttons for your longer fingers.Not to forget,Razer Deathadder has more than 1 type.There is also a left-handed edition.So its obvious that i am going with Razer Deathadder,Cheaper than Abyssus and moew effective.(But is still love Abyssus.It is the mouse that made me rethink about buying Deathadder)

There's only one real answer to this question - See if you can try both and then choose what you prefer.

Beyond a point, DPI values and things like that are just marketing hype. Some of the best gamers in the world used extremely old mice like the Intellimouse 3.0 or Wheel Mouse Optical until their sponsors forced them to switch. A mouse isn't going to make your aim magically improve or net you more headshots.

Regardless of the game you play, both mice will work well enough, as will a majority of other mice available in the market. It really boils down to the shape, size and weight YOU prefer, whether you want extra buttons or not, or extra features like the braided cable. Think of it as a cricket bat - Sachin Tendulkar uses a specific type of bat, but using the same thing isn't going to make you score more 100s.

Back