PC Peripherals Razor Death Adder Left Click gone Kaput - Please help.

Hello guyz, I have 2 Mouse 1 X MX 518 and another is Razor Death Adder 3500dpi.

Used it normally then too the left click has gone kaput.

Tried upgrading the firmware, installing and uninstalling drivers and software packages, etc

Even formatted windows 7, changed the USB Port, tried reducing and increasing doubleclick.

All gone into the potty. The click is very slow, at time the clicks are not recognized.

Planning to open clean the mouse. Please advise plan of action.

Will service center be a better choice or garbage the mouse. It is out of the 1yr limited warranty.

^Lol throw it . I had the same problem went to the service center and the guy said its working fine . Because it happened only half of the times so when it was there it didnt happen . After that my warranty got over . Its no use dude throw it there is a problem in all of them . Also mx518 dies after a while .. that also you gotta replace unless ur warranty is still active ... i think its of 3 years .

The 1 year warranty is the one provided by the Distributors here. The manufacturer provides a 2 year warranty

A quote from http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/about-razer-warranty-period-190058.html

Sorry for the delayed reply. We needed time to look into the matter. It is true that our local distributors in India only supply a 1 year warranty because for them it is a standard practice to provide a 1 year warranty for other products even for other companies like Logitech, etc.

However, our Razer representative in India had already discussed this with them before and it is understood that if a customer has issues with their product which is not covered by the distributor’s warranty, they must refer them to our rep in India or go through our web support where Razer will still provide for the 2 year warranty on all our products.

read the whole thread and you would know what to do.

Thanks for the boost guyz, I am not gonna give up and throw away the mouse. I will RMA it through Razor. Will be sending them email containing the issue and Invoice Copy.

i had posted long back on te how to fix the deathadder when the leftclick is spoilt. i cant recall how i had done it.

i think if you search you will find the thread.

My DA finally started double clicking. Out of warranty now
<

Wish I'd seen the double clicking threads before buying the DA
<

Now the mouse has developed the erratic clicking problem, can't use drag and drop at all.

My el-cheapo Logitech mouse never had this problem and I was using that for over 3 years.

I purchased it sometime last year from a TE dealer, my Inbox is empty so I don't know time frame.

Emailed Razer support too, have to find the bill now to send them the details.

If its under 2 years old you can get it RMA'd. They ask you to cut the cord of the existing mouse and send a photo and they send you a new one

If its under 2 years old you can get it RMA'd. They ask you to cut the cord of the existing mouse and send a photo and they send you a new one

#kreacher You would need a copy of the bill of course, preferably with the serial number. And I can vouch for this method since I got my mouse RMA'd like this.

Yeah I'll have to find the bill as well, I sent them the serial number already. Its really scary that the mouse cord has to be cut before RMA but I see their point.

I always thought Razer products were better quality than the usual Logitech stuff.

^ Maybe I'll try a high end Logitech mouse next time
<

Sent Razer support a picture of the bill and other details, surprisingly the bill (from IT Depot) says its only a 1 year warranty.

Razer support asked me to contact the retailer (IT Wares) since the mouse was still in warranty, I called them and then emailed them the details. Now there has been no reply from them and when I emailed Razer support again there was no reply from them either.

Any suggestions on what to do.

I think I saw it mentioned somewhere that Indian products have only 1 year warranty and for 2nd year you can get it direct from Razer.Try calling up ITwares and talking to him or else see if the box has distributor information whom you can contact direct

Got a reply from Razer today asking me to contact IT Wares again. Called them and sent the email regarding the purchase details again.

Back