RC Cars

I had a heli and a damn expensive one at that. Tried flying it and it caught a gust of wind and fell off my terrace...the rotors broke off and I can't be assed to send it back to singapore or order replacements..

I too had a RC helicopter,its a cheap one at that :bleh:,got it for around Rs 900(converted from rupiah,actually bought in rupiah,in indonesia)used it for 3 days and it broke(not exactly,but would not take off straight,but at a 30 degree angle),the somehow convinced the store manager that there was some problem in that piece and got it replaced,but the next day while playing with it,I rammed it into a tree. :ashamed:

End of Story :(

haha... theres this crazy german friend of mine who plies aeroplanes and stuff... he was telling me that his costliest aeroplane is worth 900 euros and least costly one is 180 euros...

crazy shit, but he also linked me to some of his videos flying it, he did crazy stunts and what not... was awesome :p

Building a RC car with my friend. We've ordered the body somewhere from Calcutta. Putting it together with an experienced guy. Hopefully in a month's time, I'll take it out for a spin :)

P.S: Any RC enthusiasts from Chennai who meet up at Cholavaram race track on Sundays?

i had once bought a RC Ornithopter........ its a mechanical bird which flies by flapping its wings....... liked it better than a helicopter or plane..... it was pretty robust and even after crashing lot of times it was running quite well.......... bought it for 2.5k from landmark in fourm mall in bangalore 1 year ago........

heres the link for it.....

Wowee Dragonfly

it was a part of a project in my college so i ripped it apart after playing with it for somedays to make our own ornithopter...... me and my project mate did end up making our own ornithopter from other ornthopter parts :ashamed:like motors, circuit, battery etc but sadly the circuit didn't work well:(....... circuit worked only for 5 sec and wasn't enough for a sustained flight.....

Checksum said:
Building a RC car with my friend. We've ordered the body somewhere from Calcutta. Putting it together with an experienced guy. Hopefully in a month's time, I'll take it out for a spin :)

P.S: Any RC enthusiasts from Chennai who meet up at Cholavaram race track on Sundays?

i am interested...... is it possible this sunday.........??

Wow... didnt expect this much of a reply. Had just joined Indiarc to get tips and suggestions to get in this hobby but got a weak response. I am torn between a heli and car. The planes are cool but too big and need huge space to fly. Planning to buy this

PHOENIX ST II 2.4GHz

PHOENIX ST II 2.4GHz - Cars & Trucks - RC Sky Hobby

A cheap one but atleast not a toy to get a hand of things.

l33t_5n1p3r_max if you need help repairing that try Indiarc. They may be able to help you get spares

To be frank, I have no idea how it is going to come together. We have just ordered the body and it is yet to reach us. My friend is sourcing all the parts and he said there is a shop in Chennai which sells most of them. Will ask him for more details and post them this weekend.

P.S: He said the total cost will be close to 7k with the frame alone costing 2.1k

Well, I really only like the Monster Trucks; the ones from Maisto.... RC Helicopters look cool but I never got smitten by them.....

Had 6 at a time..... But then my nephew took all of them one by one.....

Right now, I have only 1 left..... (Was gifted to me by my girlfriend when I fussed a lot on losing the last Truck to my Nephew!!!)..... So, now, I keep it safe in my cupboard..... :p

Can't afford to lose the last one......!!!

I would really love to see another [GO] for RC Trucks (Bigfoot).....!!!

But, my RC Trucks never cost more than 2.5k or so..... the one seen above is for 7k..... :O

Well cause they are not kid toys. Masito etc are for kids bro. The one's me and checksum are talking about are capable of going over 30KM/hr. The masito and Ferrari's are only capable of 20 max and more for indoor due to the low GC.

There were some exhibited at the autoshow in Mumbai last weekend. They were starting from 7K for electric.

kidrock said:
Well cause they are not kid toys. Masito etc are for kids bro. The one's me and checksum are talking about are capable of going over 30KM/hr. The masito and Ferrari's are only capable of 20 max and more for indoor due to the low GC.

There were some exhibited at the autoshow in Mumbai last weekend. They were starting from 7K for electric.
Yup.... right....

The ones I had came with a 20KM/Hr speed rating..... But the Monster Trucks have good ground clearance. Only, they are not suitable for tarmac as the rubber tyres get dirty & cleaning them is almost impossible.

Neway, enjoy ur hobby..... For me, the toys are enough.

If my mum knows I am gonna buy a 7k "Remote Control Car", she'll probably get me admitted to Kindergarten!!! Lolzzz :p

kidrock said:
Well that's why I havent told my mum yet. There is a kindergarten in my building... freaky. LOL
Hahahahaha!!! :D

We are in somewhat of a similar boat mate.... We have a kindergarten just 2 blocks away......!!! Lolzzz

ROTFL :D

Back